Stochastics Divergence System For ThinkOrSwim

I've taken a multiple time frame approach to this strategy where I'm finding divergences on the 1 hr, 30 min, 15 min, 5 min, 3 min and 1 min. The higher the time frame of the divergence, the more reliable the signal on the smaller time frames and the bigger the move. I've also added a stochastics(14,3) and (40,4), which sometimes spot divergences that the ones I've been using do not.

I keep the higher time frame charts (1 hr, 30 min and 15 min) in the "charts" tab and the lower time frame charts (5 min, 3 min and 1 min) in the "flexible grid" tab so I can easily switch between them when trading.

Here's the new lower time frame grid. http://tos.mx/t8GLJXR

For the higher time frame grid, simply use the same style but change the time frame.
Chance I am using this, with 3 time periods., 1, 3 & 5. It is good. Would be great if you can add alerts for arrows. Please I do not know how to do this. If you know, or if anyone knows how to add alerts for arrows, please help.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Chance I am using this, with 3 time periods., 1, 3 & 5. It is good. Would be great if you can add alerts for arrows. Please I do not know how to do this. If you know, or if anyone knows how to add alerts for arrows, please help.
You would need to code a divergence study. I have a very accurate one for Sierra but I haven't and probably won't code one for TOS.

Sure. http://tos.mx/FWhBB7E

I got this strategy from Day Trader Rockstar by the way. His youtube channel has some really good videos explaining the strategy. It also incorporates trend lines, which I also use but didn't mention in the first post. I also use standard deviation channels to spot likely reversal areas.
Interesting strategy but I find it to be a risky and dangerous because a lot of times the BUY or SELL arrows disappear on you and leave you wondering what to do next? exit and take the opposite direction?
SO basically with all the appearing then disappearing buy/sell arrows this would be a choppy strategy.
Is there a way to make them stay?

Interesting strategy but I find it to be a risky and dangerous because a lot of times the BUY or SELL arrows disappear on you and leave you wondering what to do next? exit and take the opposite direction?
SO basically with all the appearing then disappearing buy/sell arrows this would be a choppy strategy.
Is there a way to make them stay?
I believe that the arrows that appear are from the reversal indicator and have little to do with the method explained in this thread. They don't indicate divergence, just a change in trend, although as you've noted the trend change may be short lived. Just as general advice, it's always ideal to go through every study and understand what each one does and how it calculates its signals. In this case the arrows can be eliminated with no effect on the divergence system, as they don't indicate divergence.

I believe that the arrows that appear are from the reversal indicator and have little to do with the method explained in this thread. They don't indicate divergence, just a change in trend, although as you've noted the trend change may be short lived. Just as general advice, it's always ideal to go through every study and understand what each one does and how it calculates its signals. In this case the arrows can be eliminated with no effect on the divergence system, as they don't indicate divergence.
Will do more reading about all the studies involved, thank you so much for your contribution.

I understand the "Trend Reversal Indicator" is only used as a helper, but I find it interesting.
Is there a way to modify the code in TrendReversal to make ALL arrows stay visible regardless if when it's choppy, because for example during live trading hours a down arrow would automatically disappear if the price keeps rising, I need the down arrow to stay visible and a new up arrow is printed. I need to use them (have them all visible) for more investigative/backtesting purposes.
I really appreciate it. I went to the TrendReversal thread but it was closed for new comments.

Last edited:
I understand the "Trend Reversal Indicator" is only used as a helper, but I find it interesting.
Is there a way to modify the code in TrendReversal to make ALL arrows stay visible regardless if when it's choppy, because for example during live trading hours a down arrow would automatically disappear if the price keeps rising, I need the down arrow to stay visible and a new up arrow is printed. I need to use them (have them all visible) for more investigative/backtesting purposes.
I really appreciate it. I went to the TrendReversal thread but it was closed for new comments.
No, it is not possible to modify the code in the Trend Reversal to make all arrows stay visible.
The definition of REPAINTING is that the previous arrows are wiped out. There is no record, there is no way to make a record of those false prophets as the price then dives for the basement. That is why Repainters cannot be backtested.

i use Sierra as well for Order Flow. Would u be willing to share this study? i can sent you my Sierra ID
Did you ever receive this divergence study from him? If so I would be willing to try to code it into think script if Sierra allows you to view source code

Last edited by a moderator:
Please Help creating this Stochastics Divergence In TOS

Not Traditional Divergences from one Cycle Hi/Low to next Cycle Hi/Low. But divergences within same cycle. Below I will explain with Chart pictures Stochastic setting, I want to use are not Traditional Settings. The parameters I use for the Stochastic Indicator are as follows:  %K: 5  %K slowing: 2  %D: 3 And I am mainly concerned about Divergences that may show up between %K & Price within half cycle. Few pics with explanation are enclosed. Please note that these are not "traditional Divergences" from one cycle Hi or Low to the next one. With above settings for Stochastics looking for divergences that occurs within that half cycle while at top or bottom of the range. I think pics are self explanatory. This should also work with other settings of Stochastics Can this be done in TOS?
The fast 5 Bar %K, creates a lot of wiggles at "Over Bought" 80 & Over Sold" 20 areas. I am interested in divergences that from in these half cycles.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
232 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back