Script to Sell at Close of Current Candle...

BrokeTeacher

Hello everyone,

What I am looking for seems like something that should be a TOS default, yet I have done hours of searching and contacted TOS Trader Support twice - no one seems to know how to do this (I received two scripts and neither works). The script I am looking for would simply Sell a stock, at Market, at the end of the current candle. Specifically, I would like:

~ A custom script I can enter as a Condition, for a stock I already own, to Sell at Market
~ The Sell occurs when the current candle I am using for the stock (ex: 10-minute candle) ends (ex - 10:09.59 AM)

Complete example: I Buy a stock at 10:00AM with a Sell Condition, custom script, to Sell at Market when the current 10-minute candle ends at 10:09.59 AM.

I am certain one of the great creators on here can probably do this in his/her sleep, but know that you would be the first.

I want to now how to Sell a stock right before a candle ends. Would you please let me know how I could clarify this more? I would greatly appreciate a solution to this question, so I am willing to provide whatever clarity is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the directions! Unfortunately, I am not sure how to make this clearer... I do not see how a screenshot would clarify how to Sell a stock right before a candle ends. Would you please let me know how I could clarify this more? I would greatly appreciate a solution to this question, so I am willing to provide whatever clarity is needed.

the only way to do something when a candle closes, is to do it on the next candle.

if a trigger is used during a candle, the active candle, it may occur multiple times. you can't force a variable to act on the first trigger during a candle and ignore others during that candle.

that is why addorder has a default of buying with open[-1] , it triggers after the signal candle is closed. so multiple buys and sells do not happen.

maybe looking at examples with addorder will help.
i don't use code in conditional orders, so am not sure what is possible.

ref. addorder
https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/reference/thinkScript/Functions/Others/AddOrder

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

I want to now how to Sell a stock right before a candle ends.

Wouldn't that be a neat trick!
But no, it is not possible to aggregate data "intra-candle".
No, it is not possible to "Sell a stock right before a candle ends."

The workaround would be to use a lower timeframe, so you are not waiting as long for the candle to close.

Last edited: