Scanner that will let me know when stocks is taking off?

MBF

MBF

2019 Donor
I am still trying to figure out alerts and how traders know when a certain stock is taking off. Today was a good example.
I have a list of core stocks I watch on a regular and about two I just love to trade and typically stay on those. I was curious and while going through my night time news and % gains found $RETA. Obviously somehow traders knew about this stock going off and I am curious as to how? I just don't get it. Same with $TSLA. There must be some sort of alert that I am missing or not using correctly. Does anyone know what this missing piece is?

markos

markos

VIP
You are not missing anything. The market will do what ever it wants, when it wants, and doesn't often give clues as to why.
Advice, accept that things just move randomly throughout the day. Don't wonder why, just decide to hitch a ride or not.
I heard an old trader whose father was an oil trader in the days before calculators, and his Dad told him this: There are things going on behind the scenes that we mere mortals are best not looking for.

markos

markos

VIP
@MBF Try this scan:
# Pct Change from Open Scan
# Mobius
# 5.16.2018
# Scan for stocks that have gained at least 2% since today's open.
(100*(close / open -1)) > .02

MBF

MBF

2019 Donor
@markos Thank you. I was a bit tired last night. I think I figured it out in a dream. LOL.
I also tend to forget that when I am on paper I don't get 95% of my alerts since you can't set up alerts for studies on paper. A silly frustration all tidied up with sleep.
Still good to know I'm not the only one out looking in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Convert Stockfetcher.com scanner code to TOS Questions 2
D Stochasticslow Scanner help please Questions 12
S Export watchlist results from scanner? Questions 3
M Reversal scanner for weekly Questions 9
C Need Help to built Momentum Scanner Questions 2