Scan for stocks above previous Week High and previous DAY High

we29125

Scan for stocks above previous Week High and previous DAY High

How do i do it ? My custom scan query either allow DAY or Week. Not both.

BenTen

Administrative
Staff member
Staff
VIP
Use this script:

Code:
#Plot previous week's high / low
plot Yhigh = high(period = "week" )[1];
plot Ylow = low(period = "week" )[1];

In your scanner, create a condition where close is above Yhigh or close is below Ylow.

Then you can also create another condition and change the aggregation period to DAY.

Bentley

VIP
Hi everyone,
Was wondering would any kind souls provide some help or direction about finding stock that find the condition as per the title? I call this the matching stock, which are stock that matches in high or low... Basically, like to find stock that are equal in high and low. Say something like... is there any day in the last 90 days, the high is equal to yesterday low... to the nearest 1 decimal point ...

Would be sweet if an arrow indication on the matches dates...

Thanks to all:cool:

tradingkumar

VIP
Hello Experts - Is there a way to get an alert when the stock price touches/crosses the Previous week high or low? It should be dynamic and for the stocks from my watchlist?

pga0008

Use this script:

Code:
#Plot previous week's high / low
plot Yhigh = high(period = "week" )[1];
plot Ylow = low(period = "week" )[1];

In your scanner, create a condition where close is above Yhigh or close is below Ylow.

Then you can also create another condition and change the aggregation period to DAY.
Ben can you share how this looks in the scanner when I do it I’m getting the secondary error. I want to see if today’s close is above last weeks high or last weeks close