• The price of VIP membership is increasing to $199 beginning June 1. Click here to lock in the current rate of $149.

Scan for Naked ITM and OTM price on weekly options

arihantbaid

VIP
Hi Team. Hope you are doing well. Can someone help me with creating a scanner in TOS for the below conditions?

1) Naked Put sell with 3$ premium on weekly ITM options with stock less than 50$

(Ex- PLTR's current price is 31. I am looking to do put sell around 28 or 29 with 3$+- premium on weekly options)

2) Call sell 3$ premium on weekly OTM options with stock less than 50$

(Ex- PLTR's current price is 31 and holding 100 stocks at the same price. I am looking to do a Call sell around 33 or 34 with 3$+- premium on weekly options)

Thank you.

XeoNoX

VIP
1) theres not way with TOS to know if it was a Naked Put sell.
2) there is no way to scan if a transaction was on executed on the ask or bid with the thinkorswim scanner.
3) however with thinkorswim you can look at thinkorswim times and sales and try to make your best judgment of the type of transaction that was placed

sunnybabu

VIP
Folks,

I would like to scan for the stocks that have high OTM premium offering.. below is what I'm using.. any suggestion how i can refine this further or is there any other tweak we can apply here to optimize my weekly premium generation. Also, when we scan for all stocks what other filters do u apply to filter for only high growth stocks??

rad14733

VIP
@sunnybabu Let me preface this reply by stating that I don't nor have I ever written option contracts for premiums as it's just not my trading style... However, one thing I would change would be to only scan "All Optionable" rather than "All Stocks", unless you truly only want to write Stock Options... I'm assuming you want low volatility Stocks in an effort to have the Options expire at full premium with minimal chance of getting assigned... I can't think of anything I'd change but, then again, there are other members more qualified to answer your particular question than me... @BenTen writes options for premium, as does @Tradervic and a few others I can't recall off the top of my head... Perhaps they will chime in and add additional advice... If you haven't seen it yet, you might be interested in @BenTen's topic on Option Wheel trading...