Runtime Error: thinkscript.runtime.TooComplexException

T

Thayanidhi

Hi All,

I am completely new to Think script platform, I am trying to learn and creating custom code but i am getting the below error when i tried to add multiple conditions.

com.devexperts.tos.thinkscript.runtime.TooComplexException: The complexity of the expression suggests that it may not be reliable with real-time data.

Is there any limitations in think script or am i missed anything in my code?

Regards,
Thaya

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JabronLames

VIP
Hi Thaya,

I'm new here, but maybe I can help. Are you able to link the study you are attempting to run?

***In my experience a long series if 'IF statements' can cause this in TOS. Also, if you're attempting to convert a study to a watchlist column, make sure to take out unnecessary code that pertains to the chart.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
The error says it all. The script you're working on may be too complicated for certain tasks (ex: using a scanner with it). Post the script or the exact feature that you're using.

T

Thayanidhi

Thanks for a quick reply..
Yes, I am getting error when i tried to add thinkscript label in my watch list coloumn.
Is there any limitetations in watchlist coloumn?

J

JabronLames

VIP
Of course there are limitations, but no one is privy to exactly what those limitations are...

T

Thayanidhi

The error says it all. The script you're working on may be too complicated for certain tasks (ex: using a scanner with it). Post the script or the exact feature that you're using.
Thanks Ben Ten, Yes, We are using some scanner in that scripts and try to get values from scanners. The script with scanner is working if we need to get 1 or 2 value but if we need to get multiple values then we are getting the runtime or complex exceptions.

G

GimmickFace

Unfortunately there are some scans that are too complex for TOS, so you get that error. It happens when I try to turn some of my complex studies into scans. Nothing you can do about it unfortunately.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Expected Class Error Questions 2
J Spread - Formula error Questions 0
D RSI OverBought/Oversold AddLabel Error Questions 1
M Error in study alert rec usage is not allowed Questions 0
V Error in stop loss % label script Questions 0