RSI issue, what's going on with the mechanics?

geremyh

So this morning i added RSI to my watchlist, i did one at 15days...so it matches the chart timeframe...then i add an RSI study to my chart and they do NOT match. I added a ton of RSI's to test...i changed parameters...wilders, simple, Hull....they never match. What the hell is going on with this?

rad14733

VIP
@geremyh There isn't anything wrong, per se... What you are seeing is that custom columns in Watchlists only update every 3 - 5 minutes whereas Charts update in near real-time... This has been covered previously and you just hadn't stumbled across it yet... So stop wracking your brain and accept the fact... Standard Watchlist fundamental price data updates in near real-time...

rad14733

VIP
ah, ok didn't know there was a 3-5min delay on the watchlist RSI. thnx
Not just RSI... ALL Custom Columns... To explain it better, TOS sends near real-time data for any and all symbols you are monitoring, whether in Watchlists, on Charts, in Active Trader, etc as they are part of the standard data stream... It doesn't parse the database on the server continuously to make sure your Custom Columns are calculated but it does try to get to them at least once every 3 - 5 minutes... Custom Columns are considered lower priority as every one of them in the database for ALL users requires server resources to calculate and deliver and it is for this very reason that they have a lower priority... I hope this adequately clarifies the differences in priority...

geremyh

Not just RSI... ALL Custom Columns... To explain it better, TOS sends near real-time data for any and all symbols you are monitoring, whether in Watchlists, on Charts, in Active Trader, etc as they are part of the standard data stream... It doesn't parse the database on the server continuously to make sure your Custom Columns are calculated but it does try to get to them at least once every 3 - 5 minutes... Custom Columns are considered lower priority as every one of them in the database for ALL users requires server resources to calculate and deliver and it is for this very reason that they have a lower priority... I hope this adequately clarifies the differences in priority...
i certainly know more now than when i first discovered the anomaly and i thank you.