Referencing data and data[1]

dodoei

Sorry if this is too dumb, but I couldn't find it in the documents. Is Data or Data[1] representing the current bar information whether it's the bar itself or some other derivative information? What I found out is that when using addchartbubble, the price location input can not take Data, it has to be Data[1] to display the bubble text.

EDIT: related is Data and Data[0] the same thing?

Thanks

Last edited:

tomsk

VIP
Sorry if this is too dumb, but I couldn't find it in the documents. Is Data or Data[1] representing the current bar information whether it's the bar itself or some other derivative information? What I found out is that when using addchartbubble, the price location input can not take Data, it has to be Data[1] to display the bubble text.

EDIT: related is Data and Data[0] the same thing?

Thanks

Absolutely not true, post your script so folks can help you with the issue
You can reference any bar so long as there is data there

dodoei

Yes, the code is very simple

This works and shows the bubble text with values for the last bar at Friday's close

AddChartBubble(IsNaN(close) and !IsNaN(close[1]), close[1], AsText(close[1]), Color.RED, yes);

Both the following not working, no bubble text showing

AddChartBubble(IsNaN(close) and !IsNaN(close[1]), close, AsText(close), Color.RED, yes);
AddChartBubble(IsNaN(close) and !IsNaN(close[1]), close[0], AsText(close[0]), Color.RED, yes);

Is it because close and close[0] is supposed to be the current running bar (or the next running bar when the market reopens?) In any case, right at this moment close[1] gives the last bar information. Should I expect close or close[0] start working when the market reopens?

Thanks!

tomsk

VIP
You seem to have the time condition defined incorrectly.
Here's the correct definition to display a bubble for the last bar on the chart

AddChartBubble(!IsNaN(close) and IsNaN(close[-1]), close, AsText(close), Color.RED, yes);

Note that this also works but then those two are equivalent statements, so no need to over complicate things

AddChartBubble(!IsNaN(close) and IsNaN(close[-1]), close[0], AsText(close[0]), Color.RED, yes);