Re-painting indicators

Mattyb740

If you are using an indicator that re-paints, and are using a bigger timeframe such as the 15min or higher chart, once the indicator is shown that a reversal is coming and the candle is done, and the next candle is loading, it is safe to go off of the next candle or even the one after that ?
I’ve read posts on here trying to get a better sense of re-painting indicators specifically trend indicator studies but I still haven’t been able to answer my question. I didn’t know if it will still re paint if there are 1-2 candles since the indicator poped up.
Tia

Solution
If you are using an indicator that re-paints, and are using a bigger timeframe such as the 15min or higher chart, once the indicator is shown that a reversal is coming and the candle is done, and the next candle is loading, it is safe to go off of the next candle or even the one after that ?
I’ve read posts on here trying to get a better sense of re-painting indicators specifically trend indicator studies but I still haven’t been able to answer my question. I didn’t know if it will still re paint if there are 1-2 candles since the indicator poped up.
Tia
It is not really called re-painting when the current candle keeps flickering. Just be aware that many indicators require for the current candle to close before close can be...
Tia
It is not really called re-painting when the current candle keeps flickering. Just be aware that many indicators require for the current candle to close before close can be calculated.

Real re-painters are not just on the current candle or even just the last few. A whole significant part of your chart can change as it repaints a whole new version of the chart as it adjusts to new data.

The amount of re-painting depends on what is causing the repainting and what timeframe is being traded: a recursive highest(high) will re-paint further backwards than a re-painter due to a forward-looking defined variable.

Read more: https://decodingmarkets.com/how-to-deal-with-repainting-indicators/

Solution

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.