Notified when a symbol has a name change

zeek

zeek

2019 Donor
I was wondering if it`s possible to code some sort of an indicator that shows the new symbol name when a stock has recently had a name change. Instead of having to google the new ticker i was thinking of a custom watchlist column maybe that shows the new symbol name. Or if that`s not possible, what about a simple chart label that tells the new symbol name, for example label could say "Name change to XXXX on 2019-11-11". Can this be coded?

Would be really useful IMO.

X

XeoNoX

not with TOS (thinkorswim).... i beleive you would be better off going straight to the source and using EDGAR from the SEC.GOV website and use the search for filings

T

tomsk

VIP
I was wondering if it`s possible to code some sort of an indicator that shows the new symbol name when a stock has recently had a name change. Instead of having to google the new ticker i was thinking of a custom watchlist column maybe that shows the new symbol name. Or if that`s not possible, what about a simple chart label that tells the new symbol name, for example label could say "Name change to XXXX on 2019-11-11". Can this be coded?

Would be really useful IMO.
@zeek @XeoNoX I've had my fair share of ticker name change. My solution is real simple. I subscribe to Briefing.COM and place stocks I'd like to watch in a list. Then whenever any news comes up for an upcoming name change, I get an email notification.