News Script Labels - possible ?

E

Eli

Hi,

Is there a way to scan only stocks that have news (Catalyst) in the last 24H?

H

Hopperious

VIP
is there a way to create a script in ToS that plots a label on the chart if there was any news (news that is reported in ToS) about the stock that day or previous day or that week type of thing ?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
No. You would need to use the News widget in ThinkorSwim and/or the Trade Flash widget.

Last edited:
J

joshua74133

VIP
I dont know if there is a way to code this but man it would be amazing if you could.

D

D_Tramp

Hey.

I need a script that can be added as a filter to Watchlist. The filter should show if any news has come out at the moment.

Thank you for your help)

evanevans

evanevans

Can NEWS articles be inserted as a bubble on a 1 minute chart, for a stock?

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
Can NEWS articles be inserted as a bubble on a 1 minute chart, for a stock?
Nope...!!! There is no way to associate news with chart data... There would have to be a data field in the TOS instrument data feed in order to have a trigger and there isn't one... Essentially, if you can't display it in a watchlist you can't use it as a trigger and I haven't found any such data field...

evanevans

evanevans

Nope...!!! There is no way to associate news with chart data... There would have to be a data field in the TOS instrument data feed in order to have a trigger and there isn't one... Essentially, if you can't display it in a watchlist you can't use it as a trigger and I haven't found any such data field...
Bummer. Although you can set news alerts.