Mark a specific date/so many days back?

Necrosway

Just as the title says. I will try to script this but if anyone has done this/knows of a script please let me know. Thanks for your time.

rad14733

VIP
Just as the title says. I will try to script this but if anyone has done this/knows of a script please let me know. Thanks for your time.

A bit more detail would be helpful, like the timeframe you would be using this for... It would be fairly simple to do a specific number of days back on a daily chart but more complex if you wanted to for example highlight all candles for a specific date for all timeframes... I'm not your date guy but we have a couple members who are well versed in date and counter related code... The more information you provide, the better able we'll be able to assist you...

SleepyZ

See is this helps. It will mark all of the candles for an input days_back.
Code:
input days_back = 3;
def ymd      = GetYYYYMMDD();
def dayCount = CompoundValue(1, if !isnan(close) and ymd != ymd[1]
                                then dayCount[1] + 1
                                else dayCount[1], 0);
def thisDay  = (HighestAll(dayCount) - dayCount) ;
assignpriceColor(if thisday==days_back then color.yellow else color.current);

Necrosway

A bit more detail would be helpful, like the timeframe you would be using this for... It would be fairly simple to do a specific number of days back on a daily chart but more complex if you wanted to for example highlight all candles for a specific date for all timeframes... I'm not your date guy but we have a couple members who are well versed in date and counter related code... The more information you provide, the better able we'll be able to assist you...

Yeah sorry about that, I meant just a simple Daily chart lookback, SleepyZ got it though!

See is this helps. It will mark all of the candles for an input days_back.
Code:
input days_back = 3;
def ymd      = GetYYYYMMDD();
def dayCount = CompoundValue(1, if !isnan(close) and ymd != ymd[1]
                                then dayCount[1] + 1
                                else dayCount[1], 0);
def thisDay  = (HighestAll(dayCount) - dayCount) ;
assignpriceColor(if thisday==days_back then color.yellow else color.current);

This is exactly what I had in mind, tysm!