looking for 21ema crossing 9 ema

bushido22

Brand new here, so I apologize if I'm not in the right location to seek help.

I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks. Not as easy as it seemed at the beginning.

Nonetheless, I'd like to find an indicator that would alert throughout the day when the 21ema crosses the 9ema for any time frame. I have 1,2,5,10,15, 30, 1-hr, 4-hour, daily, weekly and monthly charts open during trading.

I've used the "create alert" method with the help of TOS help chat, but it needs to be reset after every alert, which isn't what I'm hoping to find. I'm told TOS is aware of the interest from members to have access to this, but, thus far, it is not available.

I'll help in ay way I can, but, at 62, a good day is when I get the remote start to work on my truck, so at best I may only be able to offer appreciation.

Thank you in advance and best of luck to all,

Christopher

Solution

I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks. Not as easy as it seemed at the beginning.

Nonetheless, I'd like to find an indicator that would alert throughout the day when the 21ema crosses the 9ema for any time frame. I have 1,2,5,10,15, 30, 1-hr, 4-hour, daily, weekly and monthly charts open during trading.

I've used the "create alert" method with the help of TOS help chat, but it needs to be reset after every alert, which isn't what I'm hoping to find. I'm told TOS is aware of the interest from members to have access to this, but, thus far, it is not available.

I'll help in ay way I can, but, at 62, a good day is when I get the remote start to work...

I'll help in ay way I can, but, at 62, a good day is when I get the remote start to work on my truck, so at best I may only be able to offer appreciation.

Thank you in advance and best of luck to all,

Christopher

Here is a grid with the timeframes you listed with the following script.

There are various options that can be turned on/off at the input screen for the script.

A color coded label will show the relationship of the EMAs and how many bars ago it occurred.
A label will also appear as "Crossing" when it is happening.
A color coded cloud will appear for 2 bars at crossings
An alert will sound whenever there is a crossing. It is automatically reset to sound again for the next crossing.

Here is a link to the grid. http://tos.mx/wHudHyF [Edit: Link fixed]

Screenshot-2023-04-15-192814.png
Code:
#EMA9_21

input showplots  = yes;
input lineweight = 2;

plot ema9 = ExpAverage(close, 9);
plot ema21 = ExpAverage(close, 21);
ema9.SetLineWeight(lineweight);
ema21.SetLineWeight(lineweight);
ema9.SetHiding(!showplots);
ema21.SetHiding(!showplots);

input use_label = yes;
def count = if ema9 crosses ema21 then 1 else count[1] + 1;
AddLabel(use_label, "EMA 9_21 Crossed Bars Ago: " + count,
if ema9 > ema21 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED);

input use_crossing_label = yes;
AddLabel(use_crossing_label,
if ema9 crosses ema21 then "CROSSING" else "",
if ema9[1] < ema21[1] and ema9 > ema21 then Color.LIGHT_GREEN
else if ema9[1] > ema21[1] and ema9 < ema21 then Color.LIGHT_RED
else Color.CURRENT);

input use_backgroundcolor = yes;
plot cloudcount = count;
cloudcount.SetHiding(yes);

AddCloud(
if use_backgroundcolor  and
   (cloudcount == 1 or cloudcount == 2) and
   ema9 > ema21
then Double.POSITIVE_INFINITY
else Double.NaN,
Double.NEGATIVE_INFINITY,
Color.GREEN, Color.GREEN);

AddCloud(
if use_backgroundcolor and
  (cloudcount == 1 or cloudcount == 2) and
   ema9 < ema21
then Double.POSITIVE_INFINITY
else Double.NaN,
Double.NEGATIVE_INFINITY,
Color.RED, Color.RED);

Alert( ema9 crosses ema21,
if ema9 crosses above ema21 then "ABOVE" else "BELOW",
Alert.BAR, Sound.Ding);

Last edited:
Solution

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.