lets discuss about that friend who's name is TREND !!!!!!

ykd2018x

2019 Donor
this post is for all of your friends and traders who do day trading or swing trading to discuss in comments area
and to make a good understand about this so called firend (trend)

so will like comments of yours on below questions , lets try to understand the trend first

1. what is a trend? how to look at it , volume chart? time chart ? price chart ? TLB RENKO RANGE

2. TREND REVERSAL (MOST COMPLICATED TOPIC) , how do you see a trend reversal ? when we should decide that trend is reversed
what best indicators so far for trend reversals we have? or you have here ?

i place my answers first in text so others dont feel offended that i m asking questions only
1. trend is the direction price and volume is moving , best chart to look at price+volume chart (not time charts )

2. best way to identify trend reversals EMA with double top triple top patterns confirmed by RSI OR MACD DIVERGANCE for reversals
double bottom triple bottom patterns also appears before trend reversal whereas all ema start mixing up giving a garbage sideways patterns for a while

3. what should we do when trend is trying to reverse ? we should close our positions and wait let it be completely reverse because it may not reverse

my answers mentioned above ,but i really want more comments and suggestions about it , because trend trading is best trading , in day trading swing trading or investing
reversal indicator here , how powerful it is ? most of time fails ?

IMPORTANT NOTE :-
can anybody tell me TREND REVERSAL INDIACTOR AND ITS CALCULATION FOR TREND REVERSAL , BECAUSE I HAVE SOME PATTERNS IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED TO DEVELOP A MORE STRONG TREND REVERSAL INDICATOR PLEASE DO CONTACT ME

skynetgen

1) trend is a sustained move closing above moving average for X consecutive length
2) "Trend Reversal" - I prefer to use term Pivot. Trends start and often end with pivot. Not every pivot is trend start but every trend starts with a pivot
Another way for trend to end is transition is to sideaways movement. There are many characteristics of trend end: One of most reliable imho is Climactic move with expanded range and RVOL.
Trend starts are trickier to detect. They can come as breakout of range, the shakeout, pattern resolution etc.
3) when its clear trend is ending its best to take profits and possible watch the setup for continuation/ reversal. Extended trends rarely do a v shape reversals unless combined with market catalyst ( e..g 12/26/18 powell flipflop, 5/31 china crash. 6/4 cut pivot in june).
Last year sep/oct topping out is example of trend already dead for several week without clean catalyst.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
justAnotherTrader The trend is your friend Strategies 10