LBR_ThreeTenOscillator

8t8

I am 15% fundamental analyst, 85% technical analyst. The balance swings more to the technical side every day, and I am looking forward to getting a better handle on some of these crazy tech indicators.

For the past couple weeks, I've been using a Heiken Ashi chart, mostly daily, with the LBR 3-10 Histogram.
I am finding that if you use the first histo bar off a low for a buy on a swing trade, LBR will get you in about as close to the bottom as you can expect: same if you use the first down histo bar off the high for a sell.

There are two versions of the LBR 3-10 histo, the "normal" and "alternate" calculations in the indicator settings. The "alternate" calculation gives you a more articulated differential for the heights of the histo bars, and actually fires the first reversal bar a candlestick earlier than the normal version.

I just started with LBR, and I'm curious about what "paint bars" are. If anybody who is more experienced with LBR would like to play professor, gimme a shout.
Happy trading!

@8t8

Welcome. Your post was moved here.
Read more: as to why:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/welcome-message.12628/#post-114630

Your post is chock-full of information.
Here is the thing. Charting is a visual process.

1. For us to see what you are seeing. Please provide an image of your chart.
Unsure of how to upload screenshots to the forum, Here are directions.

2. Next. We need to be able to interact with your chart to understand the value you are seeing in this setup. Please provide a shared link to your chart, so we can load it into our ToS app.
Unsure of how to create a shared chart link:
https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/howToTos/thinkManual/Tools/Sharing#:~:text=study-based alerts.-,Chart,-. Click on the

In answer to your question about "paint bars"
ToS provide us with the function AssignPriceColor() to "paint" the candles in the upper chart, using the same logic that painted your histogram in your lower indicator. This can provide a powerful visual display of the value of an indicator.

Here is a thread containing posts as to how other members are using the Three-Ten Oscillator:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/lbr-indicator-label-watchlist-scan-for-thinkorswim.1257/

Here is a post adding LBR paintbars to your study:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...t-scan-for-thinkorswim.1257/page-4#post-98810

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H 2 Period ROC with LBR 310 creating DOTS Questions 4
chotamatar LBR Turtle Soup Strategy Questions 1