Investment Books to Recommend - please post yours

markos

markos

VIP
My idea here is to recommend up to 6 books that have helped you on your trading journey. This is an open post.

These got me going many moons ago...
I think the 2nd edition was the best for overall mindset:

This book along with Wyckoff from the 1930's actually fits our QE market today quite well. Both sctockcharts and investopedia have multi page write-ups on Wyckoff's style.

This one if full of practical advice for Longer Term Investing.

The 5th would be How I made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas (of Darvas Box Indicator fame).

Last edited by a moderator:
MBF

MBF

2019 Donor
My idea here is to recommend up to 6 books that have helped you on your trading journey. This is an open post.

These got me going many moons ago...
I think the 2nd edition was the best for overall mindset:

This book along with Wyckoff from the 1930's actually fits our QE market today quite well. Both sctockcharts and investopedia have multi page write-ups on Wyckoff's style.

This one if full of practical advice for Longer Term Investing.

The 5th would be How I made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas (of Darvas Box Indicator fame).
Thank you @markos ! Never heard of Weinstein. 🙏🤗

C

codydog

imo, Reminiscences of a stock operator is the classic But keep in mind he committed suicide.

Theres lots of self-help books around and folks who re-write history to make themselves bigger than life. Before you buy someone's story, I'd ask is it them or the franchise they work in?

I'd also look at their personal life and see whats happening, if a guy can't keep promises to his family, he certainly isnt telling me, a stranger, any truths..lol...

MBF

MBF

2019 Donor
Elder was the first person who explained things clearly IMO. He was to the point and
I finally felt like maybe trading was something I could handle. It's a good beginner's book because it isn't overwhelming.

MBF

MBF

2019 Donor
This is one of my favorite person to watch. She loves to teach her strats and is very enthusiastic when she does. I had to have this book. I found it in a book shop upstate for $15! I thought, nah, all the pages must ripped out. Nope!

C

codydog

just my observation, but lots of advanced topics being mentioned, has anyone read Marcia Stigum's Money Market?

MBF

MBF

2019 Donor
just my observation, but lots of advanced topics being mentioned, has anyone read Marcia Stigum's Money Market?
I’m trying day trading but I do have my sights set on longer term. I’ll look this one up. Thank you @codydog

C

codydog

imho, i think its very important traders understand how the market plumbing actually works. I grimace at some of the questions/comments I see.

Back in the day, folks spent 1-3 years working in back office functions to learn how stuff worked before moving to a trading desk.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Best books to read for learning options? Questions 17