Invasion of the Market Snatchers

MBF

MBF

2019 Donor
This may or may not be popular but I am a curious one.

1: How did you become snatched by the market?

2: What or who was the biggest influence in helping you learn?

3: Which site or person would you recommend to any new trader for ;
A: Position trading education
B: Day/Intra trading education

4: As you grew to become more successful, which platforms, news sites, flow sites, scan platforms, etc, did you put your hard-earned money into?

T

tomsk

VIP
@MBF Those are some really good questions and so let me start the ball rolling. I got into the market purely by "accident" after a couple of conversations with an ex-colleague of mine in Zurich way back in 2008. One of the things I learnt early on is to be always aware of the overall market cycle. I come from a risk management background and so decided to see whether there was risk/opportunity. Took a couple of starter courses including Elliott Wave basics, found the subject matter extremely interesting and have been with them ever since.

I subsequently commenced my coding journey, and that helped me immensely with my analysis of the markets. TheoTrade certainly was an eye opener and I decided to be a charter member 3 or so years ago. I was recently introduced to Raghee Horner's TOPS (the obnoxious profit system) which I found real interesting so looked into that as well. All in all the market always gives one opportunities!

Stay well ...

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
I overheard my High School teacher talking to other students (this was during a break) about investing in penny stocks and biotech stocks (lmao, now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder how he's doing). So that conversation sparked my interest in the market from early on. I didn't get into it until I graduated from HS.

I use CNBC and Twitter for all fintech-related. You can take a look at the list of people I follow here. (not all of them are stock traders).