"Imp Vol" of an option as indicator

prap4trading

Hello All,

Is there any way to plot "Imp Vol" of an option as indicator or Label.
For Eg: ".AMC210618P40" has 278% IV .
I want to plot this value as indicator so that i can watch this ?

Thanks in advance,

rad14733

VIP
@prap4trading Did you check the documentation for imp_volatility() in the Thinkscript Learning Center...??? If you had you should have seen that the example code plots the implied volatility... I have a label on my charts that displays it as well... It doesn't display the symbol because it's already displayed for the chart...

Here is the snippet from my chart dashboard...

Ruby:
# Implied Volatility
input showImpVol = yes;
def impVol = imp_volatility() * 100;
AddLabel(showImpVol, "IV: " + impVol + "%", if impVol > impVol[1] then Color.GREEN else if impVol < impVol[1] then Color.RED else Color.LIGHT_GRAY);
# END - Implied Volatility

prap4trading

Hi @rub
@prap4trading Did you check the documentation for imp_volatility() in the Thinkscript Learning Center...??? If you had you should have seen that the example code plots the implied volatility... I have a label on my charts that displays it as well... It doesn't display the symbol because it's already displayed for the chart...

Ruby:
# Implied Volatility
input showImpVol = yes;
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="rad14733, post: 66297, member: 5105"]

AddLabel(showImpVol, "IV: " + impVol + "%", if impVol > impVol[1] then Color.GREEN else if impVol < impVol[1] then Color.RED else Color.LIGHT_GRAY);
Hi ,
I known about imp_volatility this doesn't display Imp Vol of an option, i already tried and it display N/A.

I am plotting an Option in the chart and i want IV to be displayed as label or lower study. For Eg: ".SQ210618C225" IV is 41.24% and i want to show that as label .

rad14733

VIP
@prap4trading I have played with code for Options and have never been able to get Implied Volatility to come anywhere near close to what you can see in the Option Chain on the Trade tab... I've revisited the issue several times and eventually just give up... Even the canned Studies don't match the real numbers... If you read up on how it is calculated for options you'll understand why...

prap4trading

@prap4trading I have played with code for Options and have never been able to get Implied Volatility to come anywhere near close to what you can see in the Option Chain on the Trade tab... I've revisited the issue several times and eventually just give up... Even the canned Studies don't match the real numbers... If you read up on how it is calculated for options you'll understand why...

Where did you find SeriesVolatility()...???
AddLabel(1, "Series IV = " + SeriesVolatility(series = 1), color.white);

lostcoastsurf

Ruby:
# Implied Volatility
input showImpVol = yes;
Is this for the front month? Is there a way to get the front month and back month? Target different weeks? (i.e. imp_volatility()[1])???