IBD Distribution Days Study for TOS

R

RDMercer

Anyone have a study that counts / calcs IBD distribution days for an index? Looking for something like:
((If todays close < (yesterdays close * .98) and (todays volume > yesterdays volume) (then distribution day)))
And if index rises 5% intraday then distribution day count resets to zero.

In a perfect study place a down arrow on a chert price bar marking the distribution day. AND a label box containing the running total count of distribution days over prior 25 days inclusive.

Open to all / any other enhancements or ideas. Thanks to all.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
I'm not too familiar with this. Maybe @markos can help?

R

RDMercer

I'm not too familiar with this. Maybe @markos can help?
It's William O'Neil's methodology to spot market turns and over a long time I've found it works very well. Of course right now we're one Tweet from a Twit away from either a YUGE rally or a sell-off depending on the mood of the moment. 🎱

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
@RDMercer I follow several former IBD port mgrs. The report below is from Ross Haber, who was there around David Ryan's time.
According to people at the IBD Meet up event in town, they are still using Excel to keep the distribution count. We use TOS at the meeting but no one has tackled distribution count yet.
There may be someone at the IBD Meet up meeting in Seattle or Vancouver, I forget which, that may have it in a code that they might not mind sharing. You would have to hunt that down via Meet-up.com. The information regarding Seattle or Vancouver comes from a MarketSmith presenter. What you do have seems like a good start.

R

RDMercer

@RDMercer I follow several former IBD port mgrs. The report below is from Ross Haber, who was there around David Ryan's time.
According to people at the IBD Meet up event in town, they are still using Excel to keep the distribution count. We use TOS at the meeting but no one has tackled distribution count yet.
There may be someone at the IBD Meet up meeting in Seattle or Vancouver, I forget which, that may have it in a code that they might not mind sharing. You would have to hunt that down via Meet-up.com. The information regarding Seattle or Vancouver comes from a MarketSmith presenter. What you do have seems like a good start.
Thanks for the Report blog! I'm just looking to a lazy man's solution to the manual DD thing. If you ever run up on anything please advise. Rgds.

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
@RDMercer Your welcome. I sure will let you know. It's another one of my long-term searches....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
markos Custom 33