How to Scan for Penny Stocks in ThinkorSwim

ezrollin

VIP
How would I set up a scan for penny stocks that were not penny stocks on 2/19 when the market fell so violently?

(close < 5.00) < (close[38] > 5.00) ?

I get 7000 matches. My programming is definitely wrong

The idea is to find valuable stuff to buy that wouldn't normally be a penny stock (if we hadn't crashed). So they will have a high chance of recovering out of penny stock land once the recession is over (for high percentage investment gains).

Thanks,
Jon

Solution
You're close. It's an interesting idea. Here's some code for your scan.

Code:
close < 5.00
and
close[38] > 5.00

I ran it with close < 2.00 and came back with 62 results. I did not look through the results to verify the prices 38 days ago.

Happy Trading.
-mashume

mashume

VIP
You're close. It's an interesting idea. Here's some code for your scan.

Code:
close < 5.00
and
close[38] > 5.00

I ran it with close < 2.00 and came back with 62 results. I did not look through the results to verify the prices 38 days ago.

Happy Trading.
-mashume

Last edited:
Solution

ezrollin

VIP
Some interesting stocks I found (thanks to you!!!!)

SRG, BBBY, SASOF, ELVT, MIST, HALL, F, NRZ, etc

I'm fundamentally retarded so I'm not sure what is financially best. I really think that stuff that is more mid cap like SRG will be a lot more promising of returning (not going bankrupt during these times). I'm most interested in stuff like SRG.

Thanks so much,
Jon Ball

Last edited:

HolyDiver

I have this strategy that is well known for short sellers in micro caps (aka penny stocks) called "bounce short". Basically previous runner day with lots of volume and 70%+ spike on the day followed by a straight dump leaving lots of bag holders as resistance. I would like to make a scanner that indicates when a stock (today) spikes near to that level it used to be in that day of the "pump and dump" lets say around 10-20% range of the pump and dumps day top.

Here's an example:

4ffHNzA.png

I don't know why I find this so hard to script but i'm struggling to do scans for things that happened in previous days. Mostly high volatility days like this.
Any help or guidance will be very appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NKH