How to plot a sequence of numbers?

randomx

VIP
hi all, new to thinkorswim scripting

i want to plot a sequence of double numbers on a daily chart. for example i want to see a line connecting 3.5 --> 5.8 --> 2.1 --> 1.4 --> 6.1

Code:
def numbers = "3.5, 5.8, 2.1, 1.4, 6.1";
plot numbers;

any help is appreciated. thank you!

Last edited:

randomx

VIP
@rad14733 the former. horizontal line connecting the input points in the order given, the exact sequence. nothing fancy. a green line on the chart is perfectly fine. visualizing the solution, it'd look like a regular trend line

rad14733

VIP
The trick with that would be that you not only have a value, but also need to consider time... It would be very difficult, at best, as you need to know when the price should be plotted... Placing X and Y on the chart correctly could be problematic so you list of numbers would only be half or the data required... You have to add in a time variable for every price point...

randomx

VIP
ah, so i need to assign a date to each value. how would the code look like let's say 10/13 was 3.5. 10/14 was 5.8. 10/15 was 2.1 ....
or if there's a script somewhere you can refer me to that would be wonderful. i can tweak it for my needs

rad14733

VIP
ah, so i need to assign a date to each value. how would the code look like let's say 10/13 was 3.5. 10/14 was 5.8. 10/15 was 2.1 ....
or if there's a script somewhere you can refer me to that would be wonderful. i can tweak it for my needs
No clue... As I stated earlier, it will be problematic at best...