How to Customize Chart with ThinkorSwim Gadgets

evanevans

Do you guys know how to setup a plethora of watchlists? Right now I can only set them up on the left panel of the main window, down the left side. Or I can detach them one by one. Is there a a window where you can set up many watchlists in columns?

DEchhX0.png

That is correct, Flexible Grid does not offer Watchlists among it's available gadgets.
However in your "Main window" on the left, you can hit the + symbol at the bottom left and then choose watchlist for as many stacked lists as you wish. Of course, you will run out of real estate on your monitor if you want them to all be expanded at the same time.

That is correct, Flexible Grid does not offer Watchlists among it's available gadgets.
However in your "Main window" on the left, you can hit the + symbol at the bottom left and then choose watchlist for as many stacked lists as you wish. Of course, you will run out of real estate on your monitor if you want them to all be expanded at the same time.
Yeah. And that is what I posted a screenshot of in my OP. But yeah that is the problem, screen real estate, and I want to have about 20-30 of these watchlists going. I have premarket scans, opening range scans, 52 week scans, near HOD scans, mid day squeeze scans, volume scans, spike scans, candle pattern scans, etc etc etc. I need more space than the 9 I can fit down the left side of my middle 4k monitor. I suppose I might have to pop them out ("detach") and lay them out and save the workspace and hope it remembers.

Your setup is great! I am also running several monitors on 2 rigs that unfortunately I will have to give back eventually. Now that I have been so spoiled. I will be hard-pressed when I have to go back to my laptop.

I have all my charts, watchlists, scans, the monitor tab, the message center tab, the ticker-tape, etc.. All detached and set-up so perfectly.
I understand your worry about what if something happens to it all. Just re-configuring all those watchlists would take forever!

One of the things you want to keep in mind is that workspace configurations are one of the few items not saved on TD's servers. They are only saved on your computer. Therefore, you want to save your workspace configurations to the sharing center as that puts a copy on TD's servers just in case something glitchy happens on your computer or if you want to share the workspaces across multiple devices.

Oh thank you that's great advice. Yes, I lost my entire setup during that big outage a few weeks ago. But they were able to restore it because they said I had recently sent in an error report and attached all my files. WOW. Lucky.

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to create a custom gadget that would flash red or green only, based on volume, momentum or orders for FX?
I'm looking for something that is sensitive enough to give an indication at very small timeframes when there is activity in one direction or another and ideally, the strength of the movement either with a change in the shade of red or green or a small single digit number on the gadget with the colour.

I've scrolled through a ton of threads looking for something similar to try and give an example but I don't see anything so I realise I'm probably not articulating this very well, apologies, if I can find a better way to do so, I will edit this :) but I do appreciate any help.
Thank you

Last edited:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.