Repaints The PAM High Low Chart Setup For ThinkOrSwim

Repaints
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I change the colors of the bars signaling to buy a call/put?

and @OGOptionSlayer , are you primarily trading SPX options with a delta of 0.7?
I didn't answer your delta of .7. The reason why you do this is that you aren't getting eaten up by premiums and there is more actual intrinsic value in the contract. I would rather take less positions and have way less premium decay than have 40 contracts that get melted away as they get closer to expiry.

Most successful traders do not trade OTM option contracts. There simply isn't enough value in them as you are paying way too much for premiums and ultimately this affects your P/L in the short and long term. Go with .7's and see the difference.

One thing you will notice delta 70's also is that your palms don't sweat as much, you don't get as frustrated, and you can focus on your actual strategy and setups much more clearly.

Pretty soon, I'm going to get with @Chemmy and work through some things I want to add to the indicator that will provide more confluence so you only get into the trades that have around a 70% win rate with average long-term profitability above 20%. This will be supported by the data, not just idle words.

If we are successful, we will have one of the only indicators on the market, completely free to our community, that has this success. I have research theses that I have been reading that I gained this knowledge from and they used over 6k different strategies.

While this indicator is game-changing if used properly, it's about to become a beast. I've done extensive research and have been manually backtesting this strategy combined with the indicator and it does a vast improvement to its success rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank u so much for this effort .
you said :
15 min bar count to 20 bars
1 hour change the bar count to 10 bars
week change the bar count to 5 bars
according to this we have to change the bar count in watchlist code . !

and what's the best timeframe that you are using most of the time .

you said :

Currently, I'm finding the 30m to be highly successful and prevent from getting faked out. I use it on futures and stock option contracts.

I didn't answer your delta of .7. The reason why you do this is that you aren't getting eaten up by premiums and there is more actual intrinsic value in the contract. I would rather take less positions and have way less premium decay than have 40 contracts that get melted away as they get closer to expiry.

Most successful traders do not trade OTM option contracts. There simply isn't enough value in them as you are paying way too much for premiums and ultimately this affects your P/L in the short and long term. Go with .7's and see the difference.

One thing you will notice delta 70's also is that your palms don't sweat as much, you don't get as frustrated, and you can focus on your actual strategy and setups much more clearly.
Thank you for the informative response and totally make sense. What is your average DTE for option plays? A week, a month, or etc. out

Thank you for the informative response and totally make sense. What is your average DTE for option plays? A week, a month, or etc. out
It's really more of what risk am I willing to accept. With 70 deltas, you leave yourself in a much better position than you would with even a 0DTE contract. I have started to play 0dte's more often but with 70 deltas because you aren't getting priced out by premiums. I look at the flow using Unusual Whales and Tradytics. I find both give me a better view than using just one. Unusual Whales has great flow information while Tradytics I use more for analytical information like GEX and Darkpool levels.

So if I'm in a market that has 0dte, I always look at the flow for 0dte because that's where I'm going to see those >$50k OTM contracts being taken that tell me there is a good chance we are going there before the market closes that day. Doesn't always happen but no trade strategy ever produces 100% returns but using flow for directional bias is key.

The reason I say 70 deltas is because you aren't just paying for premium and the contract won't lose value, plus you have a 70% chance of finishing in the money which means you won't lose your entire amount on that play. It's kind of like a built-stop loss where you usually at least prevent yourself from losing the entire amount.

I trade SPX and SPY a ton so I typically am only taking plays 1 or 2 days out. If I swing, I try to swing on Monday's and let it play through until Friday. I don't like holding over the weekend. I use that time for futures.

This indicator is killer on 15m and 30m timeframes. If you are wondering about what moving averages I'm currently using, I have found the most confluence with 13 ema and 48.5 ema. Also, when combined with a reversal candle and I see movement in relative volume, especially if we are in the 2.0 and higher range, I'm always in that move.

Colombia University tested the best moving averages and found the 13 and 48.5 to be the most accurate when predicting price movement, especially with reversals. I have been using these instead of my 10SMA and 50SMA lately and I'm loving it.

This is the 15m chart that caught a 4 pt move on AAPL. The 30m caught a 5.76 move.

17262[/ATTACH]']
qrSDB44.png

Attachments

• qrSDB44.png
    qrSDB44.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
you said :

Yes, you will definitely want to adjust your watchlist column to be set on the timeframe you are using. Timeframes are fractal and will produce independent results even if the stock is trending in one direction or the other.

This indicator is killer on 15m and 30m timeframes. If you are wondering about what moving averages I'm currently using, I have found the most confluence with 13 ema and 48.5 ema. Also, when combined with a reversal candle and I see movement in relative volume, especially if we are in the 2.0 and higher range, I'm always in that move.

Colombia University tested the best moving averages and found the 13 and 48.5 to be the most accurate when predicting price movement, especially with reversals. I have been using these instead of my 10SMA and 50SMA lately and I'm loving it.

This is the 15m chart that caught a 4 pt move on AAPL. The 30m caught a 5.76 move.

17265[/ATTACH]']
qrSDB44.png
Is the 48.5ema on your chart custom? Last week, I tried to set the EMA to 48.5 but it came out as a whole number.

Attachments

• qrSDB44.png
    qrSDB44.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 53
Is the 48.5ema on your chart custom? Last week, I tried to set the EMA to 48.5 but it came out as a whole number.
Got it. It has to be customed.
Yep it is customed and I honestly don't think it's that big of deal. I just like the fact they pointed out that .5 because well I don't know but every study thinks it's important to put it in there. Not the research I read but wanted to find an article to show you why I'm using it. When they cross, it produces the greatest returns for short to long-moving average crossovers. I'm hoping Chemmy and I can build this somehow in the indicator.

https://news.yahoo.com/study-determ...Dl-Py5mGlZ8STNHZYLsm7415iLpCoUD_E74igIwBhL5cX

Last edited:
When they cross, it produces the greatest returns for short to long-moving average crossovers.

https://news.yahoo.com/study-determ...Dl-Py5mGlZ8STNHZYLsm7415iLpCoUD_E74igIwBhL5cX

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the study looked at buying and liquidating long positions on a daily timeframe. I missed it if they looked at shorting and intraday timeframes. From my backtesting, the best averages for longs are often very different than the best ma crosses for shorts. But I'm not using 300 years of data as the study did.

Best wishes and happy trading.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the study looked at buying and liquidating long positions on a daily timeframe. I missed it if they looked at shorting and intraday timeframes. From my backtesting, the best averages for longs are often very different than the best ma crosses for shorts. But I'm not using 300 years of data as the study did.

Best wishes and happy trading.
The best intraday moving average is typically considered the 14 day ema. I use 13 because if you look on platforms like Twitter and many other different traders, they usually reference the 13 and I believe the 13 has replaced the 14 in usage. So I try to use the ema's that the traders use and I know the 13 and 48 are really popular and I've seen big bounces off of those in both directions. You can really count on the 13 ema with this strategy imho and use the 48 as stop loss on calls and reverse that on puts. So far, that's what I've been doing and it's working well.

I think watchlist needs to be modified .. this day show me green signal with numbers of candles but when I checked the chart it is bearish and the numbers of candle not true . just an ex QQQ ..

I think watchlist needs to be modified .. this day show me green signal with numbers of candles but when I checked the chart it is bearish and the numbers of candle not true . just an ex QQQ ..
Is your watchlist column set on the timerfame you are looking for? Check this by right-clicking the Hi-Lo column on your watchlist and up in the left corner will be your timeframe. Let me know if this helps or if it's an actual bug. I use the watchlist column and it works for me but I have seen inconsistencies in it.

Yep it is customed and I honestly don't think it's that big of deal. I just like the fact they pointed out that .5 because well I don't know but every study thinks it's important to put it in there. Not the research I read but wanted to find an article to show you why I'm using it. When they cross, it produces the greatest returns for short to long-moving average crossovers. I'm hoping Chemmy and I can build this somehow in the indicator.

Why not use Satys ribbon and change it to 12 and 48 works good along with the confirmation arrow as well

@OGOptionSlayer On the right chart is 10SMA / 50 SMA, and on the left chart is 13EMA / 48.5EMA. The SMA shows the bars crossed are 7 and the EMA shows the bars crossed are 2. If the EMA weighs current prices. Is there a reason why the EMA crossover is behind the SMA?

8dPL2vD.jpg

Last edited:
@OGOptionSlayer On the right chart is 10SMA / 50 SMA, and on the left chart is 13EMA / 48.5EMA. The SMA shows the bars crossed are 7 and the EMA shows the bars crossed are 2. If the EMA weighs current prices then the reason why the EMA crossover is behind the SMA?

8dPL2vD.jpg
It more relates to how the current price action has been. Even though the 48 ema takes into account more short-term information, it's still a long-term trend (almost 50 days like the 50 SMA). The 10 SMA is still shorter than the 13 EMA. Since we have been going up in price, the ema is considering that in its algorithm thus causing the 10 SMA to cross prior to the 13 EMA even though the EMA's are typically more useful in short term trends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
486 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back