High Low Bubble in Chart programatically

Ravenjams

Hello,

I haven't found what I was looking for in searches... Maybe someone can point me to what I am looking for...

In TOS Chart setting you have an option to "Show high/low bubbles"

How can I get that data programmatically?

How does TOS calculate this so I can use it in my script?

I would add a graphic, but I am so new I haven't figured out how to do this yet.

Thank You!

This is nice...can we have high low bubble just for previous day..so that we can see the breakout instead of having lines

Here is a modification to a previous script I have done that allows you to choose the prior day's high/low based upon the input day. Currently day is defaulted to 1.

Screenshot-2022-11-10-095010.png
Ruby:
#Example_PreviousDaysHL-each_extended_through_expansion
#20170911 - BLT
#Example Highs/Lows from previous days, extended from each day through the right expansion

script philow {
    input n = 1;
    def ymd = GetYYYYMMDD();
    def ok = !IsNaN(close);
    def capture = ok and ymd != ymd[1];
    def dayCount = CompoundValue(1, if capture
                                    then dayCount[1] + 1
                                    else dayCount[1], 0);
    def thisDay = (HighestAll(dayCount) - dayCount) ;
    def hh = CompoundValue(1, if thisDay[1] == n + 1 and thisDay == n
                              then high
                              else if thisDay == n and  high > hh[1] and thisDay == n
                              then high
                              else hh[1] , high);
    def hhnan = if IsNaN(close) then hhnan[1] else hh;
    plot hhplot = if thisDay == n 
                  then Double.NaN
                  else if thisDay <= n
                  then hhnan
                  else Double.NaN;

def ll = CompoundValue(1, if thisDay[1] == n + 1 and thisDay == n
                              then low
                              else if  thisDay == n and low < ll[1] and thisDay == n
                              then low
                              else ll[1] , low);
    def llnan   = if IsNaN(ll) then llnan[1] else ll;
    plot llplot = if thisDay == n and SecondsFromTime(0930) < 0
                  then Double.NaN
                  else if thisDay <= n
                  then (llnan)
                  else Double.NaN;

plot day = thisday;

}

#Plots of Highs/Lows/Opens/Closes based upon script...add more days using similar plot statements, increasing the value by 1

input show_lines = no;
input day = 1;
plot H1   = HighestAll(philow(day));
plot L1   = LowestAll(philow(day).llplot);

H1.SetHiding(!show_lines);
L1.SetHiding(!show_lines);

input show_bubbles = yes;
AddChartBubble(show_bubbles and philow().day == day and  high == H1, high, "HH: " + H1, Color.GREEN);
AddChartBubble(show_bubbles and philow().day == day and low == L1, low, "LL: " + L1, Color.LIGHT_RED, no);

Here is a modification to a previous script I have done that allows you to choose the prior day's high/low based upon the input day. Currently day is defaulted to 1.
Thank you sir! ...can we exclude extended hours...so that it will be only for market hours since I use extended hours enabled

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
300 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back