HIDING TIME CANDLES

jack1

HIDING TIME CANDLES Merry Christmas to All. I trade the 1 minute chart for scalping the emini futures. That's 360 candles per session that i must watch dance around. The Market goes up , the market goes down and the Market goes sideways. I don't care about sideways- just up and down. The compression areas cause me the most grief-so i'd like those areas to disappear. Using the principles of the NR 7 eg. That shows those 7 candles (or more-if you increase the number of candles in that zone) . So if those "X" number of candles would be blakened or hidden, then that should leave you seeing only the Parabolic up candles approaching that zone-as well as the parabolic downward candles falling from that zone. That would get rid of a lot of candles that i now have to watch gyrate.I don't know if it's possible to actually Not have them print-which would allow for a narrower chart-due to the fewer candles. Or-if they would have to be printed black / or hidden- but still take up the sideways space on the chart. Any help or ideas around this would be appreciated.

Solution
HIDING TIME CANDLES Merry Christmas to All. I trade the 1 minute chart for scalping the emini futures. That's 360 candles per session that i must watch dance around. The Market goes up , the market goes down and the Market goes sideways. I don't care about sideways- just up and down. The compression areas cause me the most grief-so i'd like those areas to disappear. Using the principles of the NR 7 eg. That shows those 7 candles (or more-if you increase the number of candles in that zone) . So if those "X" number of candles would be blakened or hidden, then that should leave you seeing only the Parabolic up candles approaching that zone-as well as the parabolic downward candles falling from that zone. That would get rid of a...
HIDING TIME CANDLES Merry Christmas to All. I trade the 1 minute chart for scalping the emini futures. That's 360 candles per session that i must watch dance around. The Market goes up , the market goes down and the Market goes sideways. I don't care about sideways- just up and down. The compression areas cause me the most grief-so i'd like those areas to disappear. Using the principles of the NR 7 eg. That shows those 7 candles (or more-if you increase the number of candles in that zone) . So if those "X" number of candles would be blakened or hidden, then that should leave you seeing only the Parabolic up candles approaching that zone-as well as the parabolic downward candles falling from that zone. That would get rid of a lot of candles that i now have to watch gyrate.I don't know if it's possible to actually Not have them print-which would allow for a narrower chart-due to the fewer candles. Or-if they would have to be printed black / or hidden- but still take up the sideways space on the chart. Any help or ideas around this would be appreciated.

hello and welcome.
when asking strangers for help, it is best to assume we don't know what you are talking about and provide as much info as possible. i don't know what nr7 is and i'm not going to go searching for it.
if it is not a paid indicator, then provide a link that describes the rules of the system.

after being able to identify the undesirable bars, it would be simpler to color them black.

partial code example

def hidebar = .... some true/false formula
AssignPriceColor(if hidebar then color.black else Color.CURRENT);

https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/reference/thinkScript/Functions/Look---Feel/AssignPriceColor
Make sure only one of your loaded studies includes assignpricecolor().
if you have more than one study loaded that uses assignpricecolor() , the bars may be colored unpredictably.

to remove some candles and shift others back in time, is possible, but would require alot of code to handle unknown quantities of candles.

here is an example that shifts the bars from 5 fridays and shifts them together, to the left.
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...om-1-day-a-week-onto-5-sequential-days.11531/

maybe a different type of chart is what you are looking for?
maybe a range chart ?
https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/howToTos/thinkManual/charts/Chart-Aggregation/Range-Charts

how to use range bars
ukspreadbetting

Last edited:
Solution

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

[SIZE=17px]halcyonguy[/SIZE] Thank You for getting back to me with your suggestions. I will try working with the advice that you gave me; unfortunately i never learned how to code when i was younger,and it is true what they say about the Old Dog and New Tricks. I have used Range,Renko,Tick, Equivolume and Heiken Ashi charts-but I always come back to Time charts. I even tried the mtf Overlay Candles (cloud Box) which I think are Great, They provide a lot of information and save space. Another alternative is the Heiken Ashi Candle Overlay that is posted on this site, that helps smooth out the Trend by shadowing the Time Candles. But, that ends up adding more things to look at on the chart. My goal is to have a minimalized chart showing only Parabolic Up and Down candles; similar in principle to the Painted candles that we see in many Squeeze studies or OB, OS studies.I will keep chipping away at different ideas to hopefully get a cleaner looking chart. And again I wish to thank you for getting back to me with your advice. This is my first post in here; but I have been following your Amazing advice and skills for awhile- and I have learned a lot. Happy Holidays to You and everyone else.

Oops- Sorry, i forgot to explain NR7 = narrow range of 7 candles which is considered by some as a consolidation area before a breakout occirs. The study can have user input to select a higher or lower number of candles for the range. Thanks.

Oops- Sorry, i forgot to explain NR7 = narrow range of 7 candles which is considered by some as a consolidation area before a breakout occirs. The study can have user input to select a higher or lower number of candles for the range. Thanks.

unfortunetely , your words don't describe what has to happen for an nr7 to exist.
programming needs exact numbers to build formulas, to make comparisons.
what defines a narrow range?
is a nr7 , 7 candles with a height less than some number? some percent?

okay- i am enclosing a shared script from Syracuse of the NR7 and NR4 . Please let me know what you think. thanks. Ruby
#---------- "NR4 & NR7 Indicator" ----------#
#----- Translated by Syracusepro for Yahoo Groups forceIndex free use -----#

def aOpen = open(period = getAggregationPeriod());
def aHigh = high(period = getAggregationPeriod());
def aLow = low(period = getAggregationPeriod());
def aClose = close(period = getAggregationPeriod());

input length_NR = 7; #"Enter No. Of Days"

script NR_Check{

input range = 7;
input length_NR = 7;

plot out = if range < lowest(range, length_NR - 1)[1] then Yes else No;

}

def range_NR_Prep = aHigh - aLow;
def range_NR = aHigh[1] - aLow[1];
def range_isCurrentLowest = NR_Check(range_NR_Prep);
def range_isLowest = NR_Check(range_NR);

plot circle = if range_isCurrentLowest == Yes then low else Double.NaN;
circle.setPaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.POINTS);
circle.setdefaultColor(color.orange);
circle.setLineWeight(5); # End Code

unfortunetely , your words don't describe what has to happen for an nr7 to exist.
programming needs exact numbers to build formulas, to make comparisons.
what defines a narrow range?
is a nr7 , 7 candles with a height less than some number? some percent?
hi again - i just found a script that is pretty close to what i'm attempting. It's the RSM upper posted on your site. All I did was change the dark gray candles to black which now only shows the green and red trend candles. There is a slight overlap , but still pretty close to parabolic moves. What would be super ,would be to have the green and red candles adjacent instead of the black space where the hidden candles are.
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/rsm-indicator-for-thinkorswim.5407/

Last edited by a moderator: