Help coding for scanner

Z

Zyzz

VIP
So I wanted to make column in my watchlist that would automatically tell me if a Boolean_Arrow had been triggered on my list of stocks on various different timeframes.

I have an example but its from the TTM_Squeeze

Z

Zyzz

VIP
Code:
# Squeeze watchlist column
#   Red Background   - Squeeze is building in the time period - number indicates how many dots
#      w/ white "B"  - Squeeze is building, stock is within "buy zone"
#   Green Background - Squeeze has fired - number indicates how many dots (up to 5 dots)
#                      and whether Squeeze fired L(ong) or S(hort)
#   Black Background - No Squeeze in play

# Original code by Eric Purdy of Simpler Trading 2017
# Modified code by Rich Stratmann to put in background colors and shorten column values
# Updates by dmccuskey
#   - modify colors and content to indicate whether a stock is in the "buy zone" - between 8 & 21 EMA
#   - add small "fudge factor" to relax buy zone a bit

def sqz = !TTM_Squeeze().SqueezeAlert;
def direction = TTM_Squeeze()>TTM_Squeeze()[1];
def count = if sqz and !sqz[1] then 1 else count[1]+1;
def isFired = if !sqz and sqz[1] then 1 else 0;
def firedCount = if isFired then 1 else firedCount[1]+1;
def firedDirection = if isFired then direction else firedDirection[1];

def sumIsFired = sum(isFired,5);
def isFiredDir = sumIsFired && firedDirection;

# look for close buy zone
def ema8 = reference movAvgExponential(length=8);
def ema21 = reference movAvgExponential(length=21);
def currPrice = close();
def highVal = Max(ema8, ema21);
def lowVal = Min(ema8, ema21);
def inBuyZone = currPrice >= lowVal && currPrice <= highVal;

def sqzBuy = sqz && inBuyZone;
def sqzNoBuy = sqz && !inBuyZone;

addLabel(yes, Concat(if sqzBuy then "B " else "", if sqz then "" + count else if sumIsFired then “” + firedCount + if firedDirection then ” L” else ” S” else “ ”), if sqzBuy then color.white else color.black);

AssignBackgroundColor(if sqzNoBuy then  CreateColor(170, 6, 0) else if sqzBuy then color.red else if sumIsFired then CreateColor(28, 105, 3) else color.black);
^^ this is the code for the TTM_Squeeze

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Does this have anything to do with TTM at all or was that just an example? Please share the indicator or code that you want to turn into a watchlist column. Without it we can’t help.

Z

Zyzz

VIP
It’s the trend reversal indicator and the AMM. I used the TTM as an example. Please help me with one and I will dissect the code and do it on the AMM as well.

Z

Zyzz

VIP
@BenTen I already took a look at it. I don’t understand how to incorporate the Trend Reversal arrows into the scan. The example you showed is of MA crosses.