Heikin_Ashi Indicator For ThinkOrSwim

@BonBon Wonderful work! I read through the entire thread and I'm using many of your codes and changes/updates. I was wondering if you might be able to post the code for the lower RSI/Stoch? I searched twice but couldn't find it. Thanks again, my recent gains have all been because of this thread!

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

OK, ridiculously dumb question here (maybe) but here goes. What exactly is the value of the zigzag high low trend change confirmation plots when they actually only become visible 10, 20 bars after the fact? Feeling very dumb asking since so many of you place so much value in these plots.

I am running the upper study and also the lower moxie smoothed version with very good results on the 15 min chart.
moxie script https://usethinkscript.com/threads/moxie-indicator-for-thinkorswim.369/

OK, ridiculously dumb question here (maybe) but here goes. What exactly is the value of the zigzag high low trend change confirmation plots when they actually only become visible 10, 20 bars after the fact? Feeling very dumb asking since so many of you place so much value in these plots.
@RickK. you are correct with the zigzag script. That is why you have to tweak the script so that the signals appear just before the HA changes. You cannot use as is. This is where individual members have to learn how to read and understand script as well. I have updated the zigzag script from the original post where the altered zigzag code appears just before the trend change. This is my alert/warning that a reversal will occur. The HA trend change occurs a few bars afterwards.

@RickK. you are correct with the zigzag script. That is why you have to tweak the script so that the signals appear just before the HA changes. You cannot use as is. This is where individual members have to learn how to read and understand script as well. I have updated the zigzag script from the original post where the altered zigzag code appears just before the trend change. This is my alert/warning that a reversal will occur. The HA trend change occurs a few bars afterwards.
can you post the tweeked code here or better yet your latest grid you use here THANKS!!

Thanks so much @BonBon for responding so quickly. Good God!.... I've seen so many iterations of the code (notwithstanding the mods to code that I've made myself...head spinning a bit) that I don't know what the most current one is with your updates to the zigzag script. Could you point me in the right direction please? Thanks!!

Hi Bon Bon, same as VictusJogi...can you please share your scan because I can't seem to figure it out either!!

I am also not a coder and have read, reread and tried to figure it out...especially every single page with every single change...i've spent more time reading and rereading this thread than any other thread...

In your scan script you write this:

"input midTermPeriod = {"1 min", "3 min", "15 min", "30 min", "weekly", "60 min", "120 min", "240 min","Daily","monthly", default "5 min"}; #to change the default timeframe remove the 5 min and place it in the main section between the 3 min and 15 min. Next remove the timeframe you will be using and place it in the default section. "

I have no idea how to do that and it is totally confusing...any help would be greatly appreciated. Also are we scanning to see when the "smoothed HA" changes color from positive to negative?? That is the purpose of the scan say if I want to look at a 5 min TF??

Thanks and sorry I am not understanding!
@Joseph Patrick 18.... I spent some time with it and figured it out...I will share the scan once I get home... meanwhile check out the first few pages..the way bonbon has explained is way above my head but spend some time with it and I think I got it..

@Joseph Patrick 18.... I spent some time with it and figured it out...I will share the scan once I get home... meanwhile check out the first few pages..the way bonbon has explained is way above my head but spend some time with it and I think I got it..
Ok cool thanks so much appreciate it...I'll go and check out the first couple of pages in the meantime again. Thanks!

Hi VictusJogi, I went back and reread the first 4 pages and I'm not seeing it...the only thing I saw was post #77 (Dollar Volume Scan) and I already have that...again thanks for your help...and to reiterate the MTF scan that we are trying to set up will look for when the HA Smoothing changes color or price reversal? Because I plugged in the MTF script and set it as "true" and it doesn't do anything that pertains to that. Thanks for any help.

@Joseph
Hi VictusJogi, I went back and reread the first 4 pages and I'm not seeing it...the only thing I saw was post #77 (Dollar Volume Scan) and I already have that...again thanks for your help...and to reiterate the MTF scan that we are trying to set up will look for when the HA Smoothing changes color or price reversal? Because I plugged in the MTF script and set it as "true" and it doesn't do anything that pertains to that. Thanks for any help.
Here you go...

http://tos.mx/WEH2XeH

Hi, can someone please explain to me what the purpose of the scan/ MTF scan is?

Is it supposed to show when a price reversal or HA smoothing color change??

Like in Pic # 1 ???

Because if I do say a 5 min scan with my chart on 5 mins and the watchlist on 5 mins I get mostly whats in PIC #2 and only a handful of like whats in PIC #1.

If anyone can please explain what I am supposed to be looking for it would help me immensely. I have read and reread the whole thread over and over again. Thanks.

Hi, can someone please explain to me what the purpose of the scan/ MTF scan is?

Is it supposed to show when a price reversal or HA smoothing color change??

Like in Pic # 1 ???

Because if I do say a 5 min scan with my chart on 5 mins and the watchlist on 5 mins I get mostly whats in PIC #2 and only a handful of like whats in PIC #1.

If anyone can please explain what I am supposed to be looking for it would help me immensely. I have read and reread the whole thread over and over again. Thanks.

Set up 2 more columns on your watch list for 15 and 30 mins plots, shared by bonbon.. just make a tweak to the existing script of 5 minutes to 15 and 30 mins, save those scripts and put it on your watchlist.. it will help you find out stocks that have a possible reversal..
what this scan helps you find? It shows you a bullish reversal on (5,15,30 mins) check the lower chart shared by bonbon and use rsi or stochastic for an entry..

@Joseph Patrick 18 the multiple timeframe scan helps in entering trades not to look for reversals. If you are a day trader and using the 5, 15 and 60 minute times (based on your trading plan) you would enter the trade if all 3 time frames are bullish etc. You would add these time frames to your scan looking for those tickers with all 3 timeframe aligned (if you are going long or short).

The scan helps with finding stocks that are in a trend on all the timeframes you are using. Then based on the catalyst, float, RVI etc. you can determine your entry.

@everyone..please ensure you educate yourself on ways of using these indicators etc. before implementing in your trading plan. It is never wise to simply add them to your plan without doing your research. There are plenty or resources online to assist. I can only inform as to how I am using them in my trading plan.

@Joseph Patrick 18 the multiple timeframe scan helps in entering trades not to look for reversals. If you are a day trader and using the 5, 15 and 60 minute times (based on your trading plan) you would enter the trade if all 3 time frames are bullish etc. You would add these time frames to your scan looking for those tickers with all 3 timeframe aligned (if you are going long or short).

The scan helps with finding stocks that are in a trend on all the timeframes you are using. Then based on the catalyst, float, RVI etc. you can determine your entry.

@everyone..please ensure you educate yourself on ways of using these indicators etc. before implementing in your trading plan. It is never wise to simply add them to your plan without doing your research. There are plenty or resources online to assist. I can only inform as to how I am using them in my trading plan.
It’s all up to us how we use the tools provided to us..

Thank you so much BonBon for taking the time to explain to me! I really appreciate your time and patience...I'm always trying to learn and do it on my own and any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Set up 2 more columns on your watch list for 15 and 30 mins plots, shared by bonbon.. just make a tweak to the existing script of 5 minutes to 15 and 30 mins, save those scripts and put it on your watchlist.. it will help you find out stocks that have a possible reversal..
what this scan helps you find? It shows you a bullish reversal on (5,15,30 mins) check the lower chart shared by bonbon and use rsi or stochastic for an entry..
Thanks again VictusJogi for your help in explaining what to do! I really appreciate your help and patience. Thanks again!

I have followed this thread for awhile. Kudos to @BonBon for its creation. I am a very short-term scalper that focuses primarily on 1 minute price action in relation to Volume Profile, Support/Resistance Lines, and VWAP. I have adapted some of the code to give me signals on the chart during the day using both TEMA and Exponential, which after testing seems to support each other in relation to confirmation/warning etc.
Below are some screen shots from Fridays trade on a specific stock I trade. If interested I can post the code, however, just wanted to point out the code concepts can be very useful for different types of traders. Notice how clean the signals are and how the opposite signal can give you both an exit and re-entry the opposite way, EXCEPT IN THE FIRST 1/2 HOUR OF TRADING, which is too volatile.
Dk5ZPnM.jpg

I have followed this thread for awhile. Kudos to @BonBon for its creation. I am a very short-term scalper that focuses primarily on 1 minute price action in relation to Volume Profile, Support/Resistance Lines, and VWAP. I have adapted some of the code to give me signals on the chart during the day using both TEMA and Exponential, which after testing seems to support each other in relation to confirmation/warning etc.
Below are some screen shots from Fridays trade on a specific stock I trade. If interested I can post the code, however, just wanted to point out the code concepts can be very useful for different types of traders. Notice how clean the signals are and how the opposite signal can give you both an exit and re-entry the opposite way, EXCEPT IN THE FIRST 1/2 HOUR OF TRADING, which is too volatile.
Dk5ZPnM.jpg

@rlohmeyer - it will be very helpful if you can share the code / tos link. Thank you much

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
288 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back