Have You Noticed Issues With ThinkorSwim Since Zero Commissions Kicked In?

• Thread starter GetRichOrDieTrying
  • Start date
G

GetRichOrDieTrying

I've noticed two major issues with ThinkorSwim since they announced their Zero Commission trade offer. I'm having stop losses being totally blown through, which could be a sign that they are using slower ECN's to cut down on their fees. I've never had these issues before and I trade the same 8 stocks everyday, so I know how their price action behaves very well, and this is EXTREMELY abnormal.

I've also noticed a dramatic decline in the stability of their OnDemand trading platform. When I try to change the time, it doesn't work half the time, and I also have issues with candlesticks loading. They don't load in real-time. All of a sudden, a bunch of candles will just explode on to the screen.

As I'm sure you've probably heard, TD Ameritrade lost over $10,000,000,000 in market value the day they announced their zero commission offer. They have to make up for those losses somehow, and I hope it's not slower ECN's and a less stable trading platform.

Have you noticed any of these issues or anything related?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
This is an interesting report. I'm considering moving from TastyWorks to ThinkorSwim to streamline my trading process now that they have the $0 commission offer. Let me know if you guys have any other issues or update.

T

TrueDepth

Warehouse
ThinkorSwim needs to start charging for the platform to get rid of all the free loaders!!!

mc01439

mc01439

VIP
Warehouse
Trade everyday from 7am till 2pm eastern time. No issues at all with TOS.

C

codydog

OP has made some serious comments but needs to provide more details., eg, stocks, time of day etc. One place, perhaps to start, is to check Nanex and see if any comments on quote stuffing or liquidity issues occurred. Also if your daily p&l is x and you were within 25% of it, probably nothing. My experience with tos is that if you provide rational reasons they #$%^ed up, they'll offer something in return. Last two days have had wild moves, so, not really surprised by OP's comment. I'll say my fills last 2 days have been good.

You can check tos' Rule 606 forms to see what tos gets paid for your orders and by whom.

Not sure market cap has anything to do with this issue, plse elaborate.

I'm with @TrueDepth, I wish tos would let users pull out what they dont want from the app and provide a streamlined order execution service with a guaranteed uptime. I'd pay for that gladly.

MBF

MBF

VIP
Warehouse
I've noticed two major issues with ThinkorSwim since they announced their Zero Commission trade offer. I'm having stop losses being totally blown through, which could be a sign that they are using slower ECN's to cut down on their fees. I've never had these issues before and I trade the same 8 stocks everyday, so I know how their price action behaves very well, and this is EXTREMELY abnormal.

I've also noticed a dramatic decline in the stability of their OnDemand trading platform. When I try to change the time, it doesn't work half the time, and I also have issues with candlesticks loading. They don't load in real-time. All of a sudden, a bunch of candles will just explode on to the screen.

As I'm sure you've probably heard, TD Ameritrade lost over $10,000,000,000 in market value the day they announced their zero commission offer. They have to make up for those losses somehow, and I hope it's not slower ECN's and a less stable trading platform.

Have you noticed any of these issues or anything related?
I can’t answer you about your stop problems.
OnDemand I can. OnDemand will not run correctly if you have major indicators on it. Try to limit those or get rid of them altogether and work on trading without their help. Kind of a good thing yeah?
Here’s how to fix the time problem. In order for this to work first you pick a date. Forget about the time. Okay date comes up. Now pick your time but you have to click the time up or down not type it in. You can type it in, say type in 9:40 or even 9:31 but you have to click it to 9:30. Does that make sense? I usually pick a ticket I don’t care about to do all this in case I accidentally see the opening prints. After I get it to my time and date I’ll switch to my ticker. If I want to use a major indi (SuperTrend, Reversal) I only use it on one of my TFs. If you use the 3 times fast you’ll eventually get a slow down. I use the fast forward a lot, not the 3 times fast. That’s it. Hope this helps.