Growth vs Value flip flops

XeoNoX

VIP
@autoloader everyone has a different opinion on growth vs value instruments, its makes the market move, however there is a median you can find a higher percentage of the consensus that they can agree on what is considered value and what is considered growth however its normally proven and spoken about after the move as time goes on and then you can truly define if it was value or not. Ask them what are the value stocks they are considering value, not all of them in the long run will really be value. Headlines should be what they THINK are value stocks. Recent Growth vs Value makes for a good narratives and interesting data points though. Mr Knox's twitter post has a interesting data point to say the least, however its irrelevant as he doesn't define what he used as "value" or "growth" in his statistics.

autoloader

@autoloader everyone has a different opinion on growth vs value instruments, its makes the market move, however there is a median you can find a higher percentage of the consensus that they can agree on what is considered value and what is considered growth however its normally proven and spoken about after the move as time goes on and then you can truly define if it was value or not. Ask them what are the value stocks they are considering value, not all of them in the long run will really be value. Headlines should be what they THINK are value stocks. Recent Growth vs Value makes for a good narratives and interesting data points though. Mr Knox's twitter post has a interesting data point to say the least, however its irrelevant as he doesn't define what he used as "value" or "growth" in his statistics.

The chart compares the NASDAQ 100 to the iShares Russell 1000 Value ETF.

XeoNoX

VIP
your right, i see the small letters IWD in the bottom now, its so HD, i had to zoom in..

autoloader

Yeah, so it's a pretty standard understanding of growth and value. Whether the cited pattern holds remains to be seen. It will be interesting to see if it repeats this time as well considering what's going on with interest rates and inflation fears.

XeoNoX

VIP
we are headed for uncharted waters is all i have to say, whether for the better or for worse, but with out a doubt its uncharted waters/territory.