Forex Trader Here. Which Indicators To Use For Stocks?

P

poparhon

Trading stocks is a whole new venture . Traded Forex with MT4 for about 6 years and decided to add stocks, futures. options, In order to do that I moved on to the TOS platform and I now have everything under one roof.. Aside from the VWAP indicator what else is everyone using, Indicators are a matter of preference , just trying to be in the same ballpark as everyone else, there are a ton of them for TOS. My currency charts include the 9,20 ema 50,200 sma and from what I have seen out there for stocks these moving averages seem to be popular. Appreciate any type of feedback,

T

tomsk

VIP
Warehouse
Welcome to the world of TOS

Different instruments respond to different indicators. There are literally thousands of indicators out there
Spend some time to be familiar with the sort of information you'd like to see and then test those against your instrument of choice.
One feature with moving averages is they do lag as it essentially waits for price to catch up, so most folks use faster periods for moving averages
I have heard of things like zero lag moving average but I have not looked into it at any great depth.

C

Chimera777

Support and Resistance Ind - RSI with 50 moving averages - Reversal Ind

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
Welcome Poparhon. Since you already know MA s I would stick with those. Tweak lengths or type to fit your style from scalp to swing to long. Add support/resistance or pivots. Add a consolidation indicator. Lower studies , so many, recommend RSI. So many lower studies, just experiment to find ones that make sense to you. If it does not , find something else.

P

poparhon

Thanks everyone for your contributions, I tried something different for S/R. I went out to the Monthly, Weekly, Daily, 4hr and plotted the horizontal lines and the results were spot on when I dropped down to the lower tf of 2min. and 5min charts. Each one that I plotted I made different colors. An Indicator that I use is Bill Williams fractals. Fractal Breaks, Bounces .Trade level to level