/ES Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

STB

STB

Not exactly, I do more swing trades, I will hold positions over night or have orders sitting to open or close positions.

D

DaGekko

2019 Donor
VIP
Big one just signaled - I almost took it, but I had to put the little one to bed:mad:

LuKaSi

LuKaSi

Hi @rokaNroll , is your chart the same as @blakecmathis just with the addition of a MP line? I'd be interested in adding that to my chart for sure. Are you finding that using the ES signals to trade off of the MES has been working/lining up? Is this just easier than configuring the studies to work on MES charts? Thanks for all of your input, and for the video you posted.

D

DaGekko

2019 Donor
VIP
Ahhhh - missed the play at 10:10 this morning! Had to go corral the screaming kid... the joys of quarantine! Was good for a 5 point play!

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Ran some numbers and over the past month since 4/27 roughly 88% of my trades with this setup have been profitable

C

chaba03

VIP
Ran some numbers and over the past month since 4/27 roughly 88% of my trades with this setup have been profitable
Can you please share the workspace. Also can you please suggest criteria to Enter with stop limit.

thanks in advance

LuKaSi

LuKaSi

"Gotta pump those up. Those are rookie numbers..." But seriously, great job.

How do you avoid entering on the false signals. That's my biggest personal challenge with this system. Do the indicators all have to line up perfectly, as well as some PA signs?

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

@LuKaSi Haha appreciate it man! I think the best way to avoid those false signals is to trade in the same direction as the BB stop loss and it will keep you out of a lot of those false signals and bad trades.

C

chaba03

VIP
W
@LuKaSi Haha appreciate it man! I think the best way to avoid those false signals is to trade in the same direction as the BB stop loss and it will keep you out of a lot of those false signals and bad trades.
What is "BB" Stop Loss,
I think you are using the 2000T and 1D-1M charts for trend.
What is the top 5D 2000t Chart for?

Thank you.

LuKaSi

LuKaSi

Thank you for your response. When you say "in the same direction of the BB stop loss" do you mean that when it turns green I should only be going for long trades, or is it the exactly opposite, and I should be trading towards the stop loss? Thanks as always.

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

@LuKaSi Correct. Green going long and red going short.

D

DaGekko

2019 Donor
VIP
@blakecmathis - I might have missed this. Do you wait for the signals on 1,000 and 2,000 then wait for a move through the BB before taking a position?

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

@DaGekko Right unless its just something too good to pass up like a head and shoulders play or inverse head and shoulders.