/ES Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

T

Tradingviking

Hey Everyone,

Real late to the party on this but a HUGE thank you to everyone for posting and sharing. I am transitioning away from options/equities and have found this thread to be immensely helpful.

J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
I find this to be an extremely useful indicator just loaded it up this morning oh my gosh yes I have it on a 3min chart. So few lines of well thought out code can move mountains thank you

Code:
# tomsk
# 1.7.2020
# Freedom of Movement and Relative Volume Std Dev
# Original code: provided by blakecmathis
declare lower;
declare zerobase;
input length = 60;
input numDev = 2.0;
input allowNegativeValues = no;
def mov = AbsValue(close / close[1] - 1); do so much thanks man
def minMov = Lowest(mov, length);
def maxMov = Highest(mov, length);
def nMov = 1 + (mov - minMov) / (maxMov - minMov) * 9;
def vol = (volume - Average(volume, length)) / StDev(volume, length);
def minVol = Lowest(vol, length);
def maxVol = Highest(vol, length);
def nVol = 1 + (vol - minVol) / (maxVol - minVol) * 9;
def vByM = nVol / nMov;
def rawFoM = (vByM - Average(vByM, length)) / StDev(vByM, length);
#Relative Volume Std Dev
def rawRelVol = (volume - Average(volume, length)) / StDev(volume, length);
def RelVol = if allowNegativeValues then rawRelVol else Max(0, rawRelVol);
plot signal = rawFoM > numDev and RelVol > numDev;
AddLabel(signal, "CSA FoM RV StDev Triggered", Color.Yellow);
Alert(signal, "CSA FoM RV StDev", Alert.BAR, Sound.RING);
# End CSA FoM and RV Std Dev

T

TradeUp

2019 Donor
@J007RMC I'm new to this indicator. Can you please explain how you would use this? Thanks!

J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
Well I too am new to this but love it already. To the best of my knowledge Standard deviation is the statistical measure of market volatility, measuring how widely prices are dispersed from the average price. If prices trade in a narrow trading range, the standard deviation will return a low value that indicates low volatility. Conversely, if prices swing wildly up and down, then standard deviation returns a high value that indicates high volatility.

Last edited:
J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
I trade the 5min chart but like to have the 15, 60 min chart to watch for later time frame direction and momentum. Just my style many times I trade the 3min. My charts tend to morph a lot tonight I put together a two grid and I change up a lot. I can post my latest I try to keep up with the great stuff the site churns out but my goal is always to keep things as simple as possible because I trade on a laptop. 3-5min I posted is profitable. I like the relative col deviation so I look for tops and bottoms to scalp the rsi laguerre is great tops and bottoms short time frame and ba has been very good to me. I can post tonights grid not so many labels. Both lt and rt charts have only ttm/cci plus pivots not as busy looking switch it up any way you want of course. I like simple.

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Use that indicator for locating DPL's (Defended Price Levels). Here are a couple articles. These are price points that will persist as support/resistance for days, weeks, and even months.

T

tem2005

VIP
thanks to everyone here, so much helpful information. Can someone explain what are the confirmations for signals?

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

@tem2005 Confirmation for signals: price action, candle stick patterns (head & shoulders, triangle plays, etc.), or CCI/ATR from the 2000t).

T

tem2005

VIP
@tem2005 Confirmation for signals: price action, candle stick patterns (head & shoulders, triangle plays, etc.), or CCI/ATR from the 2000t).
@blakecmathis thank you for the reply

Correct me if I'm wrong. The CCI is The green line that has to be in the low level to confirm the bullish signal in 1000t And vise versa. Can I use that indicator on IOS system or Android? Where is the ATR?

Sorry being too trouble :(