Equivalent of getlastquarter() or getlast3day()

Thebtrader

VIP
I use the getlast####() == get###() logic
pnZZge8.png

for a bunch of code.

I am trying to think of an elegant way to approximate it for quarter and 3day as TOS doesn't have getlast() or get() for those TFs. I want to treat the current quarter or 3day different and I am using them on lower TF charts so I need to find a way to refer to the current quarter or current 3 day for a plot that uses their aggregates on lower TF charts.

I didn't explain it well. I want to reference open only if its the current bar, otherwise I want to refer to low. I usually specify the current bar by using GetMonth()==Getlastmonth() for example for month bars, but that isn't available for Threeday and for Quarter (I use them across different tfs so can't specify the last bar explicitly). I came up with a work around where I will have to update occasionally when a new candle begins.

In fact, I should use aggregationperiod.quarter in both lines so I am not mixing aggregations in the code.
Code:
def op = open(period = aggregationPeriod.QUARTER);
def openref = if getyYYYMMDD() == 20240701 then open(period=aggregationPeriod.DAY) else openref[1];
def stt = op==openref;

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
So all you really want to do is detect the last bar...?

def LastBar = !isNaN(close) and isNan(Close[-1]);

def x = if LastBar then open else low;

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Thanks. The issue is I use the higher timeframe studies on lower timeframes. Unless that logic works on close at higher aggregation on lower aggregation chart. I'll try it.

So all you really want to do is detect the last bar...?

def LastBar = !isNaN(close) and isNan(Close[-1]);

def x = if LastBar then open else low;
This appears to work for higher aggregation closes as well. Thanks!