Easy clean up duplicate of studies

raj2ras

When you share/import charts/styles/grids between 2 different TOS accounts, many duplicates get created with shared_shared_... prefixes. Is there a way to eliminate duplicates easily?

Solution
@raj2ras Your statement above is untrue. It is NOT possible to delete an indicator if it is used in a chart.
It will delete the indicators, not in use and return and an error message for those that cannot be deleted.
nR2p9Gh.png

HTH
Thanks. I have done that before . But there is an issue if I have grids/charts open or some of them are used in saved grids/charts. They disappear from those! What I would like is delete duplicates and replace with original. Like a "find and replace" in all places.

@raj2ras Your statement above is untrue. It is NOT possible to delete an indicator if it is used in a chart.
It will delete the indicators, not in use and return and an error message for those that cannot be deleted.
nR2p9Gh.png

HTH

Solution
Hello,
I have created a lot of different scans in the last year. I tried to delete some of them but the delete button has disappeared from the dropdown menu. Is there another way to access the scans other than stock hacker to delete some scans? I contacted TOS Tech last week that had no idea. I suggested that they use A-Z folders to organize the scans.
Thanks for any ideas!

@haha54 Delete is located under the Load Scan Query option... When you click on Delete you will get alphabetized folders from which you can select and delete unwanted scans...

SWrR0EP.png

@haha54 Delete is located under the Load Scan Query option... When you click on Delete you will get alphabetized folders from which you can select and delete unwanted scans...

SWrR0EP.png
Hey Rad,
I must have created at least 200 scans in the last year. When I click on the load scan query the drop down menu only goes down to the letter J and no delete button is available. I use to be able to delete scans using the method you mention but now since I have not deleted any in at least 3 months the delete button is not visible. I connected with a tech guy at TOS and he tried it from his computer with no success. He told me I was out of luck and hung up.

@haha54 There is a 2ne way to delete scans:
  1. Click on Watchlists
  2. Click on Quotes
  3. Click on the lower of the two
    HIKwnjU.png
    hamburger icons
  4. Click on Delete
  5. All the results with the purple circle preceding the name are your scans
RB53Gnh.png

HTH

Last edited:
@haha54 That image I posted was captured right when I posted so I can assure you, just as @MerryDay has, that the feature is there... If your install is receiving updates, which is surely must be, then it's available on your system as well...

@haha54 That image I posted was captured right when I posted so I can assure you, just as @MerryDay has, that the feature is there... If your install is receiving updates, which is surely must be, then it's available on your system as well...
I tried just as was suggested and it did not work. I then did another direct connection with the tech dept at TOS. They took control of my computer and could not find the delete button. After 20 minutes the tech person tried flipping my screen vertically and then the delete button was visible. They are now aware they have a problem when a person creates as many scans as I have. They will likely move the delete button to the top or to a different position in the next update.

@haha54 For the record, what type of device are you trading on that tech support could flip...???
I was watching as they minimized TOS and went out to my desktop. They went to "Display settings" and changed it from Landscape. They then brought up TOS and it was sideways. From there you could delete the scans as you suggested but you would have to do it with your head tilting sideways to see it.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.