Display bubble on the right edge

songvicobac

Does anyone know how to display let say yesterday close ,draw a line and bubble say yesterday high on the right edge?
Thanks

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/reference/thinkScript/Functions/Look---Feel/AddChartBubbleThe first parameter will dictate if the chartbubble is visible.

Code:
plot hvol = volume;
hvol.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM);
hvol.SetLineWeight(3);

AddChartBubble(hvol > 1500000, 0, hvol , color.green, no);
Hi, is it possible to move chart bubbles to the left or right, or up or down to avoid obscuring the immediate candle action? Looking at stuff people are showing, these bubbles are quite large. Txs in advance.

Hi, is it possible to move chart bubbles to the left or right, or up or down to avoid obscuring the immediate candle action? Looking at stuff people are showing, these bubbles are quite large. Txs in advance.
Here are 3 options for displaying volume data from your code.

The first is a chart bubble over each volume bar that meets your condition. The volume of each bar has been reduced in size by dividing by 1,000,000. The bubbles can be moved sideways and up/down at the bubblemover inputs.

The second is an addverticalline option. These can also be moved sideways. The volume of each bar is moved up/down by blank spaces.

The third is how to display a bubble on just the last volume bar irrespective of any condition. This bubble can also be moved as in the first example.

Capture.jpg
Python:
plot hvol = volume;
hvol.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM);
hvol.SetLineWeight(3);

input bubblemover_sideways = 0;
input bubblemover_updown   = 1000000;
def b = bubblemover_sideways;
def b1 = b + 1;
AddChartBubble(hvol[b] > 1500000, hvol[b] + bubblemover_updown, Round(hvol[b] / 1000000, 1) , Color.GREEN, yes);
AddVerticalLine(hvol[b] > 1500000, "                             " + hvol[b] , Color.GREEN, yes);

input bubblemover_sideways1 = -1;
input bubblemover_updown1   = 1000000;
def z = bubblemover_sideways1;
def z1 = z + 1;
AddChartBubble(IsNaN(hvol[z]) and !IsNaN(hvol[z1]), hvol[z1] + bubblemover_updown1, volume[z1], Color.GREEN, yes);

Last edited:
Needing your assistance in adding a price bubble to the right extension (screenshot below, red square) to the Priceline level current script below. The Priceline is colored magenta. It's Friday and have a beta brain blocked. Your assis t is much appreciated. @cabe1332

Code:
# Priceline level
# Plots a Horizontal Line that follows the price/close value
# cabe1332

# start code

input price=close;
input offset=0;
input length = 100;

def sma = SimpleMovingAvg(price, 1, length);
rec line = if IsNaN(sma) then line[1] else sma[offset];
plot priceline=if isnan(sma) then line else double.nan;
priceline.setpaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.LINE);
priceline.setlineWeight(3);
priceline.setdefaultColor(color.magenta);
priceline.hideBubble();

# end code
Priceline has been very helpful with my trades and planning S/R entry and exit. Sharing maybe you may have a use of it too. Good luck! @cabe1332

# Priceline
# Plots a horizontal line that follows the price value from time and sales
# cabe1332

#start code
input price = close;
input offset = 0;
input length = 200;

def sma = SimpleMovingAvg(price, 1, length);
rec line = if IsNaN(sma) then line[1] else sma[offset];
plot priceline = if IsNaN(sma) then line else Double.NaN;
priceline.setpaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.DASHES);
priceline.setdefaultColor(Color.light_gray);
priceline.SetLineWeight(1);
#priceline.HideBubble();

# plots a bubble x bars after last bar
input show = yes;
input bars_in_future = 10;
def bif = bars_in_future;
def x = IsNaN(price[bif]) and !IsNaN(price[bif + 1]);
def vert = price[bif + 1];
AddChartBubble(show and x, vert, vert, if vert >= vert[1] then Color.light_green else Color.downtick, yes);

#end code

Last edited by a moderator:
In this and other scripts it is often helpful to turn off / on bubbles. Is there a single input line snippet we can add to any script that allows us to turn them all off or on without having to go to each portion of code or the settings for each?

In this and other scripts it is often helpful to turn off / on bubbles. Is there a single input line snippet we can add to any script that allows us to turn them all off or on without having to go to each portion of code or the settings for each?

Here is an example of how this can be done.

The input show_any_bubble controls the display of all of the bubbles on the chart. It must be yes for the individual bubbles to display.

The input show_cond_bubble and input show_previous_candle_bubble control the display of the respective individual bubbles.

Ruby:
#Addchartbubble_Display High @candle to left of Conditional Candle Displaying High of Candle to Left
input show_any_bubble = yes;
plot ma1 = Average(close, 2);
plot ma2 = Average(close, 5);
def cond = ma1 crosses above ma2;

#Bubble placed where cond happened displaying the cond high
input show_cond_bubble = yes;
AddChartBubble(show_any_bubble and show_cond_bubble and cond, high, high, Color.MAGENTA);

#Bubble placed @High of Previous Candle to the Conditional Cancle
input show_previous_candle_bubble = yes;
AddChartBubble(show_any_bubble and show_previous_candle_bubble and cond[-1], high[0], high[0], Color.WHITE);

I would like to set up my line charts so the symbol is on the chart at the end of the line, as opposed to above in the heading , as it's can be difficult to identify the symbols with multiple comparisons. I copied this image from a TOS review show, which shows what it looks like, but I have been unable to find any instructions on how to set it up. Can someone help?

Thanks
https%3A//i.imgur.com/ixiHhLW.png[/img]']
ixiHhLW.png

I would like to set up my line charts so the symbol is on the chart at the end of the line, as opposed to above in the heading , as it's can be difficult to identify the symbols with multiple comparisons. I copied this image from a TOS review show, which shows what it looks like, but I have been unable to find any instructions on how to set it up. Can someone help?

Thanks
@GOAT Your image isn't native to ToS. All those titles and labels were photoshopped.
I moved your post to this thread as there are several examples for right edge bubbles.
Here is another thread that also has examples:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/relocate-addchartbubble-to-outside-of-chart.1424/
which you could modify to fit your needs.

Thanks
12186[/ATTACH]']
ixiHhLW.png

Here is some code I had from Fox Technicals. This must be displayed on an intraday chart. To get it to display as shown in the picture below, go to chart settings, general and uncheck layout: show price subgraph. As this is a lower study it will remain being displayed without the chart's price candles.

Capture.jpg
Ruby:
#Comparative Sector Performance
#Fox Technicals
#12-12-17

#Summary: Compares sector performance on the day by %

declare hide_on_daily;
declare lower;

input Agg = AggregationPeriod.DAY;

def RTH = if SecondsFromTime(0930) > 0 and
               SecondsTillTime(1600) >= 0
            then 1
            else double.nan;

plot ZeroLine = 0;

#Sector 1
input symbol_a = "XLE";
def percA = Round(((close(symbol_a) - close(symbol_a, agg)[1]) / close(symbol_a, agg)[1]) * 100, 2);

plot Sect1 = if RTH and !RTH[1]
              then PercA
               else PercA;

Sect1.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(1));
Sect1.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.LINE_VS_POINTS);

AddChartBubble(IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNAN(close), Sect1, symbol_a + ": " + Sect1 + "% ", Sect1.TakeValueColor(), if Sect1 < 0 then 0 else 1);

#Sector 2
input symbol_b = "XLF";
def percB = Round(((close(symbol_b) - close(symbol_b, agg)[1]) / close(symbol_b, agg)[1]) * 100, 2);

plot Sect2 = if RTH and !RTH[1]
              then PercB
               else PercB;

Sect2.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(2));
Sect2.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.LINE_VS_POINTS);

AddChartBubble(IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNAN(close), Sect2, symbol_b + ": " + Sect2 + "% ", Sect2.TakeValueColor(), if Sect2 < 0 then 0 else 1);

#Sector 3
input symbol_c = "XLI";
def percC = Round(((close(symbol_c) - close(symbol_c, agg)[1]) / close(symbol_c, agg)[1]) * 100, 2);

plot Sect3 = if RTH and !RTH[1]
              then PercC
               else PercC;

Sect3.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(3));
Sect3.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.LINE_VS_POINTS);

AddChartBubble(IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNAN(close), Sect3, symbol_c + ": " + Sect3 + "% ", Sect3.TakeValueColor(), if Sect3 < 0 then 0 else 1);

#Sector 4
input symbol_d = "XLK";
def percD = Round(((close(symbol_d) - close(symbol_d, agg)[1]) / close(symbol_d, agg)[1]) * 100, 2);

plot Sect4 = if RTH and !RTH[1]
              then PercD
               else PercD;

Sect4.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(4));
Sect4.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.LINE_VS_POINTS);

AddChartBubble(IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNAN(close), Sect4, symbol_d + ": " + Sect4 + "% ", Sect4.TakeValueColor(), if sect4 < 0 then 0 else 1);

#Sector 5
input symbol_e = "XLP";
def percE = Round(((close(symbol_e) - close(symbol_e, agg)[1]) / close(symbol_e, agg)[1]) * 100, 2);

plot Sect5 = if RTH and !RTH[1]
              then PercE
               else PercE;

Sect5.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(5));
Sect5.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.LINE_VS_POINTS);

AddChartBubble(IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNAN(close), Sect5, symbol_e + ": " + Sect5 + "% ", Sect5.TakeValueColor(), if Sect5 < 0 then 0 else 1);

#Sector 6
input symbol_f = "XLU";
def percF = Round(((close(symbol_f) - close(symbol_f, agg)[1]) / close(symbol_f, agg)[1]) * 100, 2);

plot Sect6 = if RTH and !RTH[1]
              then PercF
               else PercF;

Sect6.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(5));
Sect6.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.LINE_VS_POINTS);

AddChartBubble(IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNAN(close), Sect6, symbol_f + ": " + Sect6 + "% ", Sect6.TakeValueColor(), if Sect6 < 0 then 0 else 1);

#Sector 7
input symbol_g = "XLV";
def percG = Round(((close(symbol_g) - close(symbol_g, agg)[1]) / close(symbol_g, agg)[1]) * 100, 2);

plot Sect7 = if RTH and !RTH[1]
              then PercG
               else PercG;

Sect7.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(5));
Sect7.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.LINE_VS_POINTS);

AddChartBubble(IsNaN(close[-1]) and !IsNAN(close), Sect7, symbol_g + ": " + Sect7 + "% ", Sect7.TakeValueColor(), if Sect7 < 0 then 0 else 1);

Attachments

• ixiHhLW.png
    ixiHhLW.png
    325 KB · Views: 80
not sure what you are trying to do, your words say 2 different things, and the code is different from both.
the limit formula is identifying the last bar.
do you want bubbles to be displayed to the right of the last bar? ( off to the right)

---------------
EDIT 22-09-26
fix my code, it was 1 bar off
add an image
change the bubble to describe what is happening

------------------

here is a code to place a bubble x bars after the last bar

Ruby:
# plots a bubble,  x bars after last bar,
#  at a price level equal to the last bar close
input bars_in_future = 3;
def bif = bars_in_future;
def x = !IsNaN(close[bif]) and IsNaN(close[bif - 1]);
def vert = close[bif];

input show_bubble = yes;
AddChartBubble(show_bubble and x, vert,
"Draw a bubble\n" +
bif + " bars\n" +
"after the last bar,\n" +
"at a price equal to the\n" +
"last bar close\n" + vert
, Color.WHITE, yes);
#

l5FtGcu.jpg

Hello halcyonguy,
I could use some advise. Below is a snippet of my code. It draws a horizontal line at today's open and shows a chart bubble at the right edge of the line, near price axis. I set plotLabelOffset to 5 so it shows bubble at 5 bars in future. It works fine but just before market closes, the chart bubbles disappear.

I have this on a M5 chart, extended hours are turned off and time axis->expansion area on chart is set to 10 bars to give these bubbles enough room. This is what's happening

After Market Close:
  1. Extended hours turned off - setting plotLabelOffset to 0 or negative number shows bubbles.
  2. Extended hours turned off - setting plotLabelOffset to anything >0 does not show bubbles
  3. Extended hours turned on - bubbles work fine all the time

Could you please advise what in below code needs to change so that i can still see the bubbles with plotLabelOffset=5, after market closes and with extended hours turned off? Or is this not possible by design?

PS: I tried your code but didnt work for me. I am responding to your post because, from your screenshot , i see that it's a hourly chart, you have extended hours turned off and your bubble is being drawn few bars in the future and it appears you're seeing this after market close. So wondering why i'm not able to get the same to work.

Thanks in advance!

Ruby:
input plotLabelOffset = 5;
input showTodayOpen = yes;
input showOnlyLastPeriod = yes;
input showPlotLabels = yes;

def labelLocBar = !IsNaN(close) and IsNaN(close[-1]);
def aggregationPeriod = AggregationPeriod.DAY;
def displace0 = 0;

plot Open;
if !showTodayOpen or (showOnlyLastPeriod and !IsNaN(open(period = aggregationPeriod)[-1]))
{
    Open = Double.NaN;
}
else
{
    Open = open(period = aggregationPeriod)[displace0];
}

Open.SetDefaultColor(Color.CYAN);
Open.SetPaintingStrategy(paintStrategyDashes);
Open.SetLineWeight(lineWeight);

Open.HideBubble();

AddChartBubble(showTodayOpen and showPlotLabels and labelLocBar[plotLabelOffset], Open, "Open", Color.GRAY);

Hello halcyonguy,
I could use some advise. Below is a snippet of my code. It draws a horizontal line at today's open and shows a chart bubble at the right edge of the line, near price axis. I set plotLabelOffset to 5 so it shows bubble at 5 bars in future. It works fine but just before market closes, the chart bubbles disappear.

I have this on a M5 chart, extended hours are turned off and time axis->expansion area on chart is set to 10 bars to give these bubbles enough room. This is what's happening

After Market Close:
  1. Extended hours turned off - setting plotLabelOffset to 0 or negative number shows bubbles.
  2. Extended hours turned off - setting plotLabelOffset to anything >0 does not show bubbles
  3. Extended hours turned on - bubbles work fine all the time

Could you please advise what in below code needs to change so that i can still see the bubbles with plotLabelOffset=5, after market closes and with extended hours turned off? Or is this not possible by design?

PS: I tried your code but didnt work for me. I am responding to your post because, from your screenshot , i see that it's a hourly chart, you have extended hours turned off and your bubble is being drawn few bars in the future and it appears you're seeing this after market close. So wondering why i'm not able to get the same to work.

Thanks in advance!

Ruby:
AddChartBubble(showTodayOpen and showPlotLabels and labelLocBar[plotLabelOffset], Open, "Open", Color.GRAY);

you forgot to include an offset on the price variable, open.
so it is trying to read a value on a future bar, with no price data.

this has an offset added
AddChartBubble(showTodayOpen and showPlotLabels and labelLocBar[plotLabelOffset], Open[plotLabelOffset], "Open", Color.GRAY);

also,
it's best not to use variable names, the same as functions or fundamentals. it may seem to work, but it will eventually cause confusion.
i suggest changing,
plot open;
to
plot dayopen;

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
615 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back