Custom data in watchlist column

chato17

Hi- just getting started with ThinkScript and this is definitely beyond my knowledge base. I searched, but couldn't find anything close. Here's my use case:

I have data that I generate daily in Excel by ticker. I cannot create this data within ToS as the inputs to this data aren't available in ToS. Ideally, I want to copy and paste this data into the ThinkScript editor. In the watchlist column, any time that a ticker matches the ticker pasted into the editor, I want to display that data in a watch list column.

Here's an example:

1. I generate in 2 columns (ticker and score, respectively) of data in excel as follows:
AAPL 1.2
GOOGL 3.1
MSFT 7.5
TSLA 12.5
XOM 4.5
CRM 15.3
BAC 15.2
WFC 32.3

2. I want to paste this data into the editor, along with the script you create. Ideally, I can just paste this data.

3. I have watchlists created for sectors, like Banks and Tech.

3.1. In my Bank watchlist, I would see data as follows:
BAC 15.2
STI -
WFC 32.3

3.2. In my Tech Watchlist, I would see data as follows:
AAPL 1.2
FB -
GOOGL 3.1
MSFT 7.5
TSLA 12.5

If you can think of a more elegant solution, I am open. Thanks so much. Have learned a lot here!

I'm wanting to pull data from excel into some ToS code... when I google it, the only thing I can find is exporting data from ToS into excel. The excel sheet updates once daily.

Is this possible to do with ToS?

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

I apologize, I should have been more specific.

I have an excel sheet that updates daily.. the code needs to pull values from those dates. What I don't want to do is go in and manually have to shift everything down one day to maintain the code. I'd rather have ToS pull from the excel sheet and replace one value with another assigned value. If that makes sense at all.

I guess maybe worst case scenario I could modify the excel sheet somehow to make it copy/paste into ToS.

I'm shocked this isn't an option though.

Anybody know how to setup that when I click on a symbols from excel it will link back to the TOS chart?
Please take a look at the picture; these symbols are real time quotes that I scanned then exported from TOS to Excel earlier.
Thanks!

3wfjPsg.jpg