Current Price Bubble on Chart

I am looking for a chart bubble that would be placed above the current candle that shows the current stock price. If possible, could someone assist?

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

The bubble is added with command:
AddChartBubble( buyCondition, low, "Buy", Color.GREEN, no);

Is it possible to remove staled (old) bubble from previous bar. So only the last bubble being shown on the chart?

On a different note, is it possible to have the chart bubble show up only one time.

Hi MerryD, thanks for the response. Just got to try your suggestion but it didn't works. All the previous bubbles are still on the chart. I'm looking for a way to only show the last bubble ONLY to make the chart less busy. In another word, I like to remove all the old bubbles and repaint on the the latest bubble.

Hi MerryD, thanks for the response. Just got to try your suggestion but it didn't works. All the previous bubbles are still on the chart. I'm looking for a way to only show the last bubble ONLY to make the chart less busy. In another word, I like to remove all the old bubbles and repaint on the the latest bubble.
this is the syntax that I tried:
addchartBubble(isnan(close[-1] and sell), text = close, "price location" = HIGH, color = Color.ORANGE);

this is the syntax that I tried:
addchartBubble(isnan(close[-1] and sell), text = close, "price location" = HIGH, color = Color.ORANGE);
You are misplacing a parentheses. I presume your code has sell defined

Ruby:
addchartBubble(isnan(close[-1]) and sell, text = close, "price location" = HIGH, color = Color.ORANGE);

Thanks Ruby. It's kinda work. Only the last bubble is displayed however currently it get remove on the next bar. Ideally, I like to see the last bubble to keep on displaying and get remove and replace by the latest bubble.

Thanks Ruby. It's kinda work. Only the last bubble is displayed however currently it get remove on the next bar. Ideally, I like to see the last bubble to keep on displaying and get remove and replace by the latest bubble.
As I mentioned, I do not know what your definition of 'sell' is. So remove it from your code and you will see the bubble move as price moves frim candle to candle.

@ProfessorAR15

Ruby:
addchartBubble(isnan(close[-1]), text = close, "price location" = HIGH, color = Color.ORANGE);
Is there a way to make the text display 2 different numbers, such as the close+1 and the close-1, at the same time? I'm trying to get the bubble to show a range of prices but I can't get the text function to output more than one thing.

edit: I'm able to do it using \n but it splits into 2 lines, so I'm wondering if it's possible to do it all in one line.

Last edited:
Is there a way to make the text display 2 different numbers, such as the close+1 and the close-1, at the same time? I'm trying to get the bubble to show a range of prices but I can't get the text function to output more than one thing.

edit: I'm able to do it using \n but it splits into 2 lines, so I'm wondering if it's possible to do it all in one line.

Try this

Code:
addchartBubble(isnan(close[-1]), high, (close+1) + " " + (close-1), Color.ORANGE);

Try this

Code:
addchartBubble(isnan(close[-1]), high, (close+1) + " " + (close-1), Color.ORANGE);
Thank you, that works. I thought I tried something like that but I must have had the wrong format or something. I was able to add some brackets to the side and it's displaying perfectly. Thanks again!

I tried some of the current price line codes, but none of them reflect the price at the heading area at the top of the chart. Is there a way to match that on the chart which may be for different chart times for the bars.?

Thanks for your effort. However, it still does not reflect the live price that is at the heading of the chart next to the the ticker symbol. The bubble on the chart shows different price. It seems no matter what I try and others provide there is no way to get the current live price on the chart.

Just tried the fist bubble example, got $6 difference in price for TELSA 5 min chart, $918 vs $912.

Without an image of showing such a diff and your settings, I can only confiirm that what I posted works for me.

Capture.jpg

Just tried the fist bubble example, got $6 difference in price for TELSA 5 min chart, $918 vs $912.
Also, make sure you are getting a 'realtime' feed. Here is a copy of the chart from the upper left corner showing my data feed.

My apologies, the code is Correct. I am using the TOS Paper Money charts to practice trading. When I switched to the Live Trading charts the bubble shows the correct live price.
Thank you SleepyZ for your efforts in trying to correct my error.

@ProfessorAR15

Ruby:
addchartBubble(isnan(close[-1]), text = close, "price location" = HIGH, color = Color.ORANGE);
Can the script be changed to show the current price of a different instrument on the same chart?
Example, If your looking at SPY but want the bubble to show the last price of a specific option or maybe the /ES

Can the script be changed to show the current price of a different instrument on the same chart?
Example, If your looking at SPY but want the bubble to show the last price of a specific option or maybe the /ES
[Edit code to make additional symbols other than current as inputs rather than def codes.]

The bubble in the upper chart has the close for the current chart symbol and 2 others.

The closes are stacked within the bubble by using the "\n" code.
The getsymbol() will display the current chart symbol name.
The bubblemover will move the bubble in the expansion area by the number of bars input at bubblemover.
The other 2 charts are just for testing the accuracy of the bubble in the upper chart.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 125248.png

Code:
input symbol1 = "/ES";
input symbol2 = "/YM";

input bubble = yes;
input bubblemover = 2;
def b = bubblemover;
def b1 = b + 1;

AddChartBubble(bubble and IsNaN(close[b]) and !IsNaN(close[b1]),  high[b1],
GetSymbol() + ": " + close[b1] +
"\n" + symbol1 + " : " + close(symbol1)[b1] +
"\n" + symbol2 + " : " + close(symbol2)[b1],