CSA Trading Dashboard for ThinkorSwim

I have great difficulty following the requirements so unless one of you explains clearly what the intent is, I may be unable to participate.
Is this a upper study, a lower study? I fail to understand what line1 line2 line3, etc refer to as they are all very different studies
Hence it may not make sense to compound all of these studies into a single study.

@HighBredCloud @tomsk I like the plan, layout and attention to not only entries, but exits as well... :cool:
@netarchitech thanks...that's the idea...let's hope this works. We're gonna have to try to see what works best together. IF you do end up replacing FREMA with Tillson...can you at least allow the user to change the period on it? I find 8 to be great...but other may want 13 or 5...etc...I think that way the end user would be able to set their own length of the "trend" rather than being dependent on what FREMA decides...

On a side note...I really like how our spitballing is actually taking solid shape at another potentially good indicator.

I have great difficulty following the requirements so unless one of you explains clearly what the intent is, I may be unable to participate.
Is this a upper study, a lower study? I fail to understand what line1 line2 line3, etc refer to as they are all very different studies
Hence it may not make sense to compound all of these studies into a single study.
@tomsk Each line represents a histogram...each histogram is its own indicator. Essentially we are cramming 5 studies in 1 BUT the user can pick which indicators they want to exhibit by simply un clicking the "show plot." this is for the lower study...The upper study was a reference to Tillson T3 as a possible replacement for FREMA on line #3.

I have to disagree on that point, @tomsk ...I think the overall idea is a promising one...Whether or not we get there is another story...All we can do is take it a step at a time... @HighBredCloud has laid out a good overview...the specifics will fall into place as we move further on down the road...

I have read this entire thread to gain a better handle on the project. It seems like you’d like a lower study with 5 dotted lines similar to that of a regular MTF study. The only difference here is that each line would represent the “price performance” of 5 separate indicators rather than MTF of a single study. My view is that so long as each of these 5 indicators are histogram based and have a zero line, e.g. MACD, PPO, I don’t see any coding challenges. Otherwise it would be a problem to maintain a consistent look and feel.

My earlier comment still holds – if each line is represented by dots with 4 different colors, it may be visually confusing to anyone that loads the study. It would be much easier to distinguish two colors in my opinion. At the end of the day you’d still need to be convinced whether the finished product would translate to an effective trading strategy. I don’t use any of these indicators so can’t comment much on their effectiveness.

@tomsk Your points are well taken...I agree with you on the simplicity front...With that said, I think the multi-color version could be quite effective once all is said and done...

so long as each of these 5 indicators are histogram based and have a zero line
There is one issue with this...the center line (or line #3) is a moving average...either FREMA or Tillson T3...as it currently stands...

Would you consider taking on the coding challenge for this proposed study? Let me know when you have a chance...Thanks :)

@tomsk To solve the color issue as I really don't know the effects in real life setting...Can we make the colors not set to change dynamically? That way the end user can select their own colors...The end user can simply go into a two color scheme by changing the "Negative and Up" and "Positive and Down" to the appropriate colors of their choice. This solution might prove itself to be very useful as visually people are different.

My ONLY logic behind the 4 color scheme is that when you're running a 2 color scheme you'd have to change the "Negative and Up" to probably a GREEN dot even tho the histogram is still below the ZERO line...and the "Positive and Down" would have to be changed to RED even tho the histogram is above the ZERO line.

The signals above "Negative and Up" "Positive and Down" would be signals that the trader would not get in on...They would wait until the GREEN or RED dots would appear. With this in mind...There is a difference between Bright GREEN dot that's above the ZERO line and a Bright GREEN dot below the ZERO line and vice versa...

@tomsk To solve the color issue as I really don't know the effects in real life setting...Can we make the colors not set to change dynamically? That way the end user can select their own colors...The end user can simply go into a two color scheme by changing the "Negative and Up" and "Positive and Down" to the appropriate colors of their choice. This solution might prove itself to be very useful as visually people are different.

My ONLY logic behind the 4 color scheme is that when you're running a 2 color scheme you'd have to change the "Negative and Up" to probably a GREEN dot even tho the histogram is still below the ZERO line...and the "Positive and Down" would have to be changed to RED even tho the histogram is above the ZERO line.

The signals above "Negative and Up" "Positive and Down" would be signals that the trader would not get in on...They would wait until the GREEN or RED dots would appear. With this in mind...There is a difference between Bright GREEN dot that's above the ZERO line and a Bright GREEN dot below the ZERO line and vice versa...
Hi Everyone, I can help and contribute once I get back from travels this week. I will have some time over the weekend ;) - any open areas i will tackle then. amazing work everyone.

@tomsk @HighBredCloud

To kick this project off and explore possibilities, let's finalize the 5 indicators you'd like to implement in this lower study. Let's see how far we can push the envelope
Sounds great, @tomsk :) Below please find the specs:

1st line: MACD (FREMA Edition)
2nd line: StochasticFullDiff
3rd line: FREMA...this one could just be 2 colors GREEN RED...or any other color the user chooses NOT dynamic colors if possible
4th line: PPO
5th line: Ehlers Ultimate Oscillator

Just so that there are no "surprises", please post the code for all 5 studies that you plan to use for the base code so that all of us are on the same page

@tomsk @HighBredCloud StochasticFullDiff code is available below:

Code:
# StochasticFullDiff
# TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. (c) 2017-2019
#

declare lower;

input priceH = high;
input priceL = low;
input priceC = close;
input kPeriod = 10;
input kSlowingPeriod = 3;
input dPeriod = 10;
input averageType = AverageType.SIMPLE;
input showBreakoutSignals = yes;

plot StochasticHistogram = reference StochasticFull(0, 0, kPeriod, dPeriod, priceH, priceL, priceC, kSlowingPeriod, averageType).FullK - reference StochasticFull(0, 0, kPeriod, dPeriod, priceH, priceL, priceC, kSlowingPeriod, averageType).FullD;
plot ZeroLine = 0;
plot UpSignal = if StochasticHistogram crosses above ZeroLine then ZeroLine else Double.Nan;
plot DownSignal = if StochasticHistogram crosses below ZeroLine then ZeroLine else Double.Nan;

UpSignal.SetHiding(!showBreakoutSignals);
DownSignal.SetHiding(!showBreakoutSignals);

StochasticHistogram.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(5));
StochasticHistogram.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM);
StochasticHistogram.SetLineWeight(3);
StochasticHistogram.DefineColor("Positive and Up", Color.GREEN);
StochasticHistogram.DefineColor("Positive and Down", Color.DARK_GREEN);
StochasticHistogram.DefineColor("Negative and Down", Color.RED);
StochasticHistogram.DefineColor("Negative and Up", Color.DARK_RED);
StochasticHistogram.AssignValueColor(if StochasticHistogram >= 0 then if StochasticHistogram > StochasticHistogram[1] then StochasticHistogram.Color("Positive and Up") else StochasticHistogram.Color("Positive and Down") else if StochasticHistogram < StochasticHistogram[1] then StochasticHistogram.Color("Negative and Down") else StochasticHistogram.Color("Negative and Up"));
StochasticHistogram.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(3));
ZeroLine.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(7));
UpSignal.SetDefaultColor(Color.UPTICK);
UpSignal.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.ARROW_UP);
DownSignal.SetDefaultColor(Color.DOWNTICK);
DownSignal.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.ARROW_DOWN

@tomsk @HighBredCloud FREMA code is available below:

Code:
# Forward / Reverse EMA
# (c) 2017 John F. Ehlers
# Ported to TOS 07.16.2017
# Mobius

# Inputs:
input AA = .1;

# Vars:
def CC;
def RE1;
def RE2;
def RE3;
def RE4;
def RE5;
def RE6;
def RE7;
def RE8;
def EMA;
plot EMA_Signal;
plot plot0;

CC = if CC[1] == 0 then .9 else 1 – AA;
EMA = AA * close + CC * EMA[1];
RE1 = CC * EMA + EMA[1];
RE2 = Power(CC, 2) * RE1 + RE1[1];
RE3 = Power(CC, 4) * RE2 + RE2[1];
RE4 = Power(CC, 8) * RE3 + RE3[1];
RE5 = Power(CC, 16) * RE4 + RE4[1];
RE6 = Power(CC, 32) * RE5 + RE5[1];
RE7 = Power(CC, 64) * RE6 + RE6[1];
RE8 = Power(CC, 128) * RE7 + RE7[1];

EMA_Signal = EMA – AA * RE8;
EMA_Signal.AssignValueColor(if EMA_Signal > EMA_Signal[1]
                        then Color.GREEN
                        else Color.RED);
EMA_Signal.SetLineWeight(3);

plot0 = if IsNaN(close) then Double.NaN else 0;
plot0.SetDefaultColor(Color.GRAY);
plot0.HideTitle();

@netarchitech Thank you so much for answering the questions @tomsk had...I just got in. Lets see what the indicators above are capable of...If you two have any other suggestions on possible replacement let me know...I will be available moving forward tonight.

@HighBredCloud You are always welcome...Happy to help :) Looking forward to seeing this project take off, as well as getting the opportunity to work with you, @tomsk and @diazlaz when he returns from his travels...

Unfortunately, I will not be available tonight as I have an early morning meeting I have to attend...Will be back tomorrow...

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.