Create Custom Label Comparing Current Price to a Specific Level

iglesiad

Hi I was looking for a custom script to display a label for daily, 1 hr, and 2 minute trend based on a price level for NQ futures. I was looking for the label to compare the current price to a predetermined price label I input and then label it as uptrend if above or downtrend if below.

I am looking to create a custom label that compares the current instrument price to a predetermine price I input. I want the code to compare them and then label it as an uptrend or downtrend. I have found no success and would like some help. I was able to do it comparing it to an EMA, but not based on a number (price level) that I input. Any help will be greeting appreciated!

So, for example, I want this label to give me the option to input a value for the daily and 1 hr timeframe. I want this value to be compared to the current price of the stock and then output that its an uptrend if above or downtrend if below.

Any help will be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hi I was looking for a custom script to display a label for daily, 1 hr, and 2 minute trend based on a price level for NQ futures. I was looking for the label to compare the current price to a predetermined price label I input and then label it as uptrend if above or downtrend if below.

I am looking to create a custom label that compares the current instrument price to a predetermine price I input. I want the code to compare them and then label it as an uptrend or downtrend. I have found no success and would like some help. I was able to do it comparing it to an EMA, but not based on a number (price level) that I input. Any help will be greeting appreciated!

So, for example, I want this label to give me the option to input a value...

So, for example, I want this label to give me the option to input a value for the daily and 1 hr timeframe. I want this value to be compared to the current price of the stock and then output that its an uptrend if above or downtrend if below.

Any help will be appreciated!

i'm not exactly sure what you are asking for.
i'm not sure how the different time frames are supposed to fit in. (see below)
here is my guess

pick 3 2nd aggregation times. default 5min, hour, day
pick 3 price levels
compare close price from each agg time to a price level.

show 2 labels for each price,
show some stats and up or down trend.

notes,
it doesn't matter what agg time you pick. all will have the same close price, the current close price.
the current bar will always be part of the last 2nd aggregation period.

Code:
# compare_2nd_agg_price_00

#https://usethinkscript.com/threads/create-custom-label-comparing-current-price-to-a-specific-level.14997/
#Create Custom Label Comparing Current Price to a Specific Level

# get chart agg time
def chartagg = GetAggregationPeriod();
def chartmin = chartagg / (1000 * 60);
#---------------------------------

input agg1 = AggregationPeriod.five_min;
def agg1min = agg1 / 60000;
input price1 = 0;

input agg2 = AggregationPeriod.HOUR;
def agg2min = agg2 / 60000;
input price2 = 0;

input agg3 = AggregationPeriod.day;
def agg3min = agg3 / 60000;
input price3 = 0;

def cls1;
if chartagg > agg1 then {
 cls1 = 0;
} else {
 cls1 = close(period = agg1);
}

def cls2;
if chartagg > agg2 then {
 cls2 = 0;
} else {
 cls2 = close(period = agg2);
}

def cls3;
if chartagg > agg3 then {
 cls3 = 0;
} else {
 cls3 = close(period = agg3);
}

def en1 = (price1 > 0) and (cls1 > 0);
def en2 = (price2 > 0) and (cls2 > 0);
def en3 = (price3 > 0) and (cls3 > 0);

def diff1 = cls1 - price1;
def diff2 = cls2 - price2;
def diff3 = cls3 - price3;

addlabel(1, " ", color.black);
addlabel(1,
 ("price1 | " + agg1min + " min | " + asdollars(price1) + " | ") + (if en1 then diff1 else 0) ,
 (if !en1 then color.gray else if diff1 > 0 then color.green else color.red));
addlabel(1,
 (if !en1 then "--" else if diff1 > 0 then "uptrend" else "downtrend"),
 (if !en1 then color.gray else if diff1 > 0 then color.green else color.red));

addlabel(1,
 ("price2 | " + agg2min + " min | " + asdollars(price2) + " | ") + (if en2 then diff2 else 0) ,
 (if !en2 then color.gray else if diff2 > 0 then color.green else color.red));
addlabel(1,
 (if !en2 then "--" else if diff2 > 0 then "uptrend" else "downtrend"),
 (if !en2 then color.gray else if diff2 > 0 then color.green else color.red));

addlabel(1,
 ("price3 | " + agg3min + " min | " + asdollars(price3) + " | ") + (if en3 then diff3 else 0) ,
 (if !en3 then color.gray else if diff3 > 0 then color.green else color.red));
addlabel(1,
 (if !en3 then "--" else if diff3 > 0 then "uptrend" else "downtrend"),
 (if !en3 then color.gray else if diff3 > 0 then color.green else color.red));

#

7J8HcLK.jpg

Solution

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.