Count 15 bars of Volume

tatl

Found this code:
Ruby:
declare lower;
#COUNT OF THE CUMULATIVE OF THE TOTAL NUMBER OF GREEN BARS (CLOSE>OPEN) FROM XYZ BARS AGO
#(COUNT CUMULATIVE TOTAL OF GREEN BARS FROM THE LAST / PAST XYZ BARS)
# By XeoNoX via Usethinkscript.com
input barsago = 15;
def var =close>open;
def count = Sum(var, barsago);
AddLabel (yes, "COUNT " +  (count)  );
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...tire-chart-or-specified-time.5496/#post-51741

If i wanted to use "volume" in place of var, and have the count reset to 0 each 15 bars and begin again, what would that look like?

i'm having trouble figuring out how to reset the count

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this code:
Ruby:
declare lower;
#COUNT OF THE CUMULATIVE OF THE TOTAL NUMBER OF GREEN BARS (CLOSE>OPEN) FROM XYZ BARS AGO
#(COUNT CUMULATIVE TOTAL OF GREEN BARS FROM THE LAST / PAST XYZ BARS)
# By XeoNoX via Usethinkscript.com
input barsago = 15;
def var =close>open;
def count = Sum(var, barsago);
AddLabel (yes, "COUNT " +  (count)  );
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...tire-chart-or-specified-time.5496/#post-51741

If i wanted to use "volume" in place of var, and have the count reset to 0 each 15 bars and begin again, what would that look like?

i'm having trouble figuring out how to reset the count

i don't know what you want to do with volume? add up 15 bars of volume?

here are 2 ways to have a resetting counter

Code:
input max = 15;

input start = 0930;
def cnt = if secondsfromTime(start) == 0 then 1
 else if cnt[1] == max then 1
 else cnt[1] + 1;

addchartbubble(1, low, cnt, color.yellow, no);

# ver2
def bn = barnumber();
def cnt2 = if (bn % max) == 0 then 1
else cnt2[1] + 1;

addchartbubble(1, low, cnt, color.cyan, no);
#

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

i don't know what you want to do with volume? add up 15 bars of volume?

here are 2 ways to have a resetting counter

Code:
input max = 15;

input start = 0930;
def cnt = if secondsfromTime(start) == 0 then 1
 else if cnt[1] == max then 1
 else cnt[1] + 1;

addchartbubble(1, low, cnt, color.yellow, no);

# ver2
def bn = barnumber();
else cnt2[1] + 1;

addchartbubble(1, low, cnt, color.cyan, no);
#
thanks immensely. what does the (bn % max) do here? i'm not familiar with using % in thinkscript. earlier i also saw someone using "!" both alone and before a word like !var and i have no idea what that does.

^feel free to not answer if its too much effort bcuz my real question is this:

regarding the volume:

what i'm really trying to do is make the bars "slow down" in a sense, or "package" 15bars into One bar that prints their sum. i'm using a 1-tick chart for reasons i dont wanna explain at length, but i'm trying to get a histogram indicator from the 1-tick chart to basically not print every tick, but build a cumulative bar that's 15-ticks long and and repeat. so the bar would be changing height for 15 ticks, summing the volumes for example, then stop and the next bar would begin printing, summing the volumes. is this possible?

thanks immensely. what does the (bn % max) do here? i'm not familiar with using % in thinkscript. earlier i also saw someone using "!" both alone and before a word like !var and i have no idea what that does.

^feel free to not answer if its too much effort bcuz my real question is this:

regarding the volume:

what i'm really trying to do is make the bars "slow down" in a sense, or "package" 15bars into One bar that prints their sum. i'm using a 1-tick chart for reasons i dont wanna explain at length, but i'm trying to get a histogram indicator from the 1-tick chart to basically not print every tick, but build a cumulative bar that's 15-ticks long and and repeat. so the bar would be changing height for 15 ticks, summing the volumes for example, then stop and the next bar would begin printing, summing the volumes. is this possible?

% as an operator finds a remainder
https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/reference/thinkScript/Operators/Arithmetic

input max = 15;

every 15th barnumber will be divisible by max(15) and the remainder will be 0.
so cnt2 will be true on every 15th bar.

sorry, i am not familiar with tick charts, so not sure what can be done with them