Combining Pullback and CCI scan

8Nick8

2019 Donor
VIP
Hi @BenTen, i would like to create a simple scan for stocks that have pullback to 30Day Moving Average and it is also oversold using CCI (-100). This is something i tried but was unable to get scan results that satisfy both conditions. It seems to be able to fulfill the Moving Average condition but not the CCI.... Is there something wrong with the code? Thank you

declare lower;

input bars = 30;
def ma = SimpleMovingAvg(close, bars);
def s = ma * 0.01;
def scan = AbsValue(close - ma) <= s;

################################################

def CCI = -100;

################################################

plot Signal = scan and CCI -100 ;

So let me get the condition straight, you want the stock to be crossing the 30 day moving average while CCI is at oversold?

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

So let me get the condition straight, you want the stock to be crossing the 30 day moving average while CCI is at oversold?
@BenTen Yes, i thought about this part too, what i wanted is the stock close price is at least touch 1% from the 30D Moving Average. The reason why i set this 1% rule is avoid having too many stocks that their prices are far away from 30 day moving average. Not too sure if this condition is valid. If it doesn't, i am ok to use when price cross below 30D moving average as the condition. Thank you very much.

@Nick Here is how you can set it up:

y9z50Qj.png

close crosses SimpleMovingAvg("length" = 30)."SMA" and CCI()."CCI" is greater than or equal to 100

@BenTen Thank You. Didn't know it can be so simple. May i know if there are any differences with the scan results if the scan is done with separate the conditions vs one scan code with both codes combined as a single scan?

@BenTen, would you please help me with this script? I want it to plot a SMA along with CCI in the lower studies and produce an arrow when there is a cross. In my script below, the CCI is fine but the SMA is just a straight line all across.

Thanks

Code:
declare lower;

input CCI_length = 14;
input lookback = 2;

#MvgAvg

input averageType = AverageType.SIMPLE;
input MvgAvg_length = 20;
input MvgAvg_price = close;
plot SMA = MovingAverage(averageType, MvgAvg_price, MvgAvg_length);

def CCI_price = close + low + high;
def linDev = lindev(CCI_price, CCI_length);
plot CCI = if linDev == 0 then 0 else (CCI_price - Average(CCI_price, CCI_length)) / linDev / 0.015;

def UpSignal = CCI crosses above SMA;
def DownSignal = CCI crosses below SMA;

SMA.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(1));
CCI.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(2));

plot ArrowUp = if CCI crosses above SMA
               then low
               else double.nan;
     ArrowUP.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.Arrow_UP);
     ArrowUP.SetLineWeight(3);
     ArrowUP.SetDefaultColor(Color.Green);
plot ArrowDN = if CCI crosses below SMA
               then high
               else double.nan;
     ArrowDN.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.Arrow_DOWN);
     ArrowDN.SetLineWeight(3);
     ArrowDN.SetDefaultColor(Color.Red);

@camerdr Not possible. This is like trying to mix water with oil 😁
@BenTen, this is the TradingView script. How can one convert it from pinescript?

Code:
study(title="CCIEMA", shorttitle="CCI+EMA by perrito Blacky")
length1 = input(20, minval=1, title="CCI")
ma_length = input(13, minval=1, title="EMA")
src = input(close, title="Source")
ma1 = sma(src, length1)
cci1 = (src - ma1) / (0.015 * dev(src, length1))
//plot(cci1, color=blue, linewidth=2)
plot(cci1, linewidth=2)
//plot(ema(cci1, ma_length), color=green, linewidth=2)
plot(ema(cci1, ma_length), linewidth=2)

plotColour = (cci1 > ema(cci1, ma_length)) ? green : red
plotCCIEMA = plot(series=cci1, color=plotColour, linewidth=2)
//plotHoriz  = plot(series=0, color=blue, style=circles)
//fill(plot1=plotCCIEMA, plot2=plotHoriz, color=blue, transp=90)

band0 = hline(200, color=red)
band1 = hline(100, color=blue)
band2 = hline(0,title="zero")
band3 = hline(-100, color=blue)
band4 = hline(-200, color=red)
fill(band1, band3, color=blue, transp=95)

@camerdr Try this:

Code:
# CCI + EMA
# Rough conversion by BenTen at UseThinkScript.com
# Original https://www.tradingview.com/script/YYn8sDJ7/

declare lower;

input length1 = 20;
input ma_length = 13;
input src = close;

def ma1 = simpleMovingAvg(src, length1);
def cci1 = (src - ma1) / (0.015 * stdev(src, length1));

plot cci_line = cci1;
plot cci_ema = expAverage(cci1, ma_length);

plot band0 = 200;
plot band1 = 100;
plot band2 = 0;
plot band3 = -100;
plot band4 = -200;

@BenTen thank you for creating this. Trying to understand what does this indicator serves to do and I have few questions.
1. Does the input length1 = 20 is to lookback 20 bar from today? Or it is the input for 20D moving average? because i got confused with the ma-length=13.
2. Wrt to def ma1, am i right to say that we are taking the value of the close of 20 Day average?
3. For def cci1, what exactly does this serve to find?
4. I have added plots for arrow whenever there is a crossover, is there a away to maintain the lower plot and also displaying the signal at the upper plot?

My apologies for asking these fundamentals questions.
Thanks

@Nick The length1 is the lookback period for the last 20 bars. The MA1 is the simple moving average. In this case, we're using the 20 SMA. The CCI1 is the formula for the CCI indicator. You can create a duplicate version of your lower study and unplot everything except the arrows. I hope that helps.

@Nick The length1 is the lookback period for the last 20 bars. The MA1 is the simple moving average. In this case, we're using the 20 SMA. The CCI1 is the formula for the CCI indicator. You can create a duplicate version of your lower study and unplot everything except the arrows. I hope that helps.
Thank you.