Combining EMA and MACD Signals together

P

prap4trading

Hello All,

I am using EMA(5/10/20) plot in upper price-axis and MACD crossover in lower study and both have
"UpSignal" and "DownSIgnal". Is there any way to generate a single alert if both studies generate
"UpSignal" or "DownSignal" same candle.

For example SPY 6/3/20 12:20 has Upsignal on EMA and MACD at same 5 minute candle as shown below:

Thanks in Advance,
prap4trading

Last edited by a moderator:
A

adii800

If I understood correctly, you are asking for a strategy where longs are taken when:
5 EMA > 10 EMA > 20 EMA and MACD - Diff>0

What about the exits? Do you just want it to exit when one of those conditions are invalidated?

Last edited:
J

jay_charting

Also interested in this - willing to share details of strategy. Works well

T

TrueDepth

VIP
Can you post the code for the EMA(5/10/20) plot? So I can see what "UpSignal" and "DownSIgnal" for it means? I can make an indicator for when it coincides with MACD on the same candle.

J

jay_charting

I think it is going to be less frequent for the signals to trigger in one bar. Usually due to previous price movements, the MACD or EMA could be leading. Would it be more advantageous to paint when both conditions are met?

A

adii800

Can you post the code for the EMA(5/10/20) plot? So I can see what "UpSignal" and "DownSIgnal" for it means? I can make an indicator for when it coincides with MACD on the same candle.
I would assume it is just when the 5 EMA > 10 EMA > 20 EMA for longs and vice versa for shorts. He left it a little ambiguous tho.