Close out all positions at once in ThinkorSwim

LD_nick

VIP
If I have a AAPL call that is up by $100 and a put that is down by $50, and a third vertical spread that is up by 20. Is there a close all method where I can set my exit ($70) for all available positions (not individual)? This way I can book the $70 profit without going into each leg and closing out indivudually... I called the TOS help desk and they don't have that feature.

Thanks!

rad14733

VIP
If I have a AAPL call that is up by $100 and a put that is down by $50, and a third vertical spread that is up by 20. Is there a close all method where I can set my exit ($70) for all available positions (not individual)? This way I can book the $70 profit without going into each leg and closing out indivudually... I called the TOS help desk and they don't have that feature.

Thanks!

TOS gave you the answer... However, you could try making a 1st Triggers All order with each option Qty set to -100%... That should work better than a Blast All order with Qty set to -100%... For more information see THIS page in the Thinkorswim Learning Center... The problem is that it would take time to pull up a saved order, verify, and confirm before sending...

XeoNoX

VIP
sounds like you could of done 1 butterfly spread and had it close the way you wanted based of a conditional order rather than have 3 different orders.

Slippage

I looked for a similar feature a while back. I was thinking about adding a rule to my day trading plan that if I'm up some number of R then just close everything and call it a day. I wanted a Flatten All button or hotkey. An easy way to close all open positions. TOS has no way to do that. Some other platforms do.