• Get $30 off VIP with code SUMMER30. Ends July 27. Happy trading!

Charles Schwab buying TD Ameritrade

skynetgen

I assume nothing in near term. They are interested in acquiring client base and I think plenty of people use TDA because of TOS. From what I seen TOS is also superior to schwab platform so I would not think they get rid of superior product

Long term they might run the numbers/do client research and phase TOS out in order not to support 2 platforms. But I dont think thats likely

markos

VIP
I assume nothing in near term. They are interested in acquiring client base and I think plenty of people use TDA because of TOS. From what I seen TOS is also superior to schwab platform so I would not think they get rid of superior product

Long term they might run the numbers/do client research and phase TOS out in order not to support 2 platforms. But I dont think thats likely
@skynetgen They might phase out one of the 2 mobile apps, but hard to believe they would get rid of TOS because it's the worlds largest Options Broker by number of account numbers. Never know though.
I wonder how long TDA kept the Scottrade platform open? They still have all of their support staff in St Louis as of 3 weeks ago...

skynetgen

@skynetgen They might phase out one of the 2 mobile apps, but hard to believe they would get rid of TOS because it's the worlds largest Options Broker by number of account numbers. Never know though.
I wonder how long TDA kept the Scottrade platform open? They still have all of their support staff in St Louis as of 3 weeks ago...
Good question. And I was at scottrade before TDA acquired them. But mostly used web platform back then. And when I wanted better platform I was glad TDA bought them

nassau35

I saw in the news that TD Ameritrade will be bought by Charles Schwab, what are your opinions about the Thinkorswim platform.... Do you think is going to be cancelled or just acquired under the new company?

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@nassau35 If they make any weird changes to ThinkorSwim, customers will be fleeing. It's far superior to what Charles Schwab has. Maybe this is a strategic acquisition that focuses more on TD's customer base.