Carry Over Indicators & Setups To Simulated Account

Picard

I have the indicators, strategies and sets that I need in my active account and I've saved them as Workspaces; however, when I logon to my simulation account, the indicators, strategies and sets are not there. I try to use the Workspace that I created, but it doesn't have the content. It seems as though the ThinkOrSwim active account and the simulation account are separate programs and all the Workspace content doesn't transfer between them.

Does ThinkOrSwim have some way to use the active account Workspace on the simulation account?

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Your best bet would be to export each indicator / strategy from that workspace and then manually import them over to the simulation account.

rad14733

VIP
It seems as though the ThinkOrSwim active account and the simulation account are separate programs and all the Workspace content doesn't transfer between them.
You are correct...!!! Paper Trading is for testing and as such Workspaces, Grids, Flex Grids, Studies, Strategies, Scans, Conditional Orders, Alerts, etc, are not shared... Think about it - it would really suck if you experimented in Paper Money only to have your real-time trades blow up your account due to unintended changes to indicators being used in ongoing trades... 💡

Picard

Your best bet would be to export each indicator / strategy from that workspace and then manually import them over to the simulation account.
Can all my custom indicators / strategies / workspaces be exported from my active account and them imported into the simulation account in bulk, rather than do them individually? I intend to practice with the same indicators that I trade with.

rad14733

VIP
Can all my custom indicators / strategies / workspaces be exported from my active account and them imported into the simulation account in bulk, rather than do them individually? I intend to practice with the same indicators that I trade with.
I am not aware of any way to do that... :(

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Picard Yes, you should be able to.

Select multiple items from your ToS > Export

rRy1QxM.png

Then, use the Import button to add them back.

kRQex3L.png