Can an Indicator be created for Bounce Long Entry?

M

mohitdas

VIP
I was hoping to create an indicator with below condition and possibly an alert arrow at Confirmation candle for Entry and Exit along with the MACD and Stochastics to support overall conditions
  • Confirmed Uptrend (18EMA > 50EMA > 100EMA > 200EMA)
  • Price bounces off 50, 100 or 200EMA with Candle Reversal & Confirmation Candlestick Pattern
  • Stochastics (5, 3,3) is oversold (below 30) or recently crossed bullish from oversold conditions at the reversal candle.
  • MACD (50, 100, 9) is bullish or has not crossed bearish less than 5 candles prior

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mohitdas

VIP
@BenTen @horserider Do you guys mind looking at the below code when you get a chance and provide some feedback if the below code satisfies the above conditions for each MA's( 18/50/100). I was hoping to have these as Indicators, currently i use this as Scans but it very much of a hit and miss sometime i get a hit but most time hardly anything gets picked up through these scans. Please advise.

I have below code placed into three different scans which eventually saves into three different watchlist, i think it would be better if i can get this to work as an Indicator.

18 Bounce Long
MovAvgExponential("length" = 18) is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 50) and MovAvgExponential("length" = 50) is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 100) and MovAvgExponential("length" = 100) is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 200) and low from 1 bars ago crosses below MovAvgExponential("length" = 18) and MACDHistogramCrossover("fast length" = 18, "slow length" = 50, "crossing type" = "Negative to Positive") is true within 15 bars and MACDHistogramCrossover("fast length" = 50, "slow length" = 100, "crossing type" = "Negative to Positive") is true within 15 bars and StochasticFull("over bought" = 70, "over sold" = 30, "k period" = 5, "d period" = 3, "average type" = "EXPONENTIAL")."FullK" is less than or equal to 30 within 3 bars and open from 1 bars ago is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 18) and close from 1 bars ago is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 18) and close is greater than high from 1 bars ago and close is greater than open

50 Bounce Long
MovAvgExponential("length" = 18) is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 50) and MovAvgExponential("length" = 50) is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 100) and MovAvgExponential("length" = 100) is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 200) and low from 1 bars ago crosses below MovAvgExponential("length" = 50) and StochasticFull("over bought" = 70, "over sold" = 30, "k period" = 5, "d period" = 3, "average type" = "EXPONENTIAL")."FullK" is less than or equal to 30 within 3 bars and open from 1 bars ago is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 50) and close from 1 bars ago is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 50) and close is greater than high from 1 bars ago and close is greater than open

100 Bounce Long
MovAvgExponential("length" = 18) is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 50) and MovAvgExponential("length" = 50) is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 100) and MovAvgExponential("length" = 100) is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 200) and low from 1 bars ago crosses below MovAvgExponential("length" = 100) and StochasticFull("over bought" = 70, "over sold" = 30, "k period" = 5, "d period" = 3, "average type" = "EXPONENTIAL")."FullK" is less than or equal to 30 within 3 bars and open from 1 bars ago is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 100) and close from 1 bars ago is greater than MovAvgExponential("length" = 100) and close is greater than high from 1 bars ago and close is greater than open