ATR % Watchlist Column for ThinkorSwim

jngy2k

It is a chart study that shows ATR% label of the past 20 days.

How do I make a column in watchlist ???

Code:
input length = 20;
input averageType = AverageType.Simple;
plot ATR = MovingAverage(averageType, TrueRange(high, close, low), length);
AddLabel (yes, "ATR: " + Round((ATR / close) * 100, 1) + "%", Color.WHITE);

You can display the value but not mixed with text, at least not that I am aware of... The code below should work for you...

Ruby:
input length = 20;
plot ATR = Round(MovingAverage(averageType, TrueRange(high, close, low), length) * 100);
ATR.AssignValueColor(Color.BLACK);
AssignBackgroundColor(Color.WHITE);

@rad14733 Thanks my guy. Looks real good. Works great for people that want to trade momentum stocks. Be well.

UVxnO8P.jpg

You can display the value but not mixed with text, at least not that I am aware of... The code below should work for you...

Ruby:
input length = 20;
plot ATR = Round(MovingAverage(averageType, TrueRange(high, close, low), length) * 100);
ATR.AssignValueColor(Color.BLACK);
AssignBackgroundColor(Color.WHITE);
hi sorry i copy and pasted this but for some reason it is not working. see screen shots below. does anyone know what im doing wrong?
1687117635116.png

1687117653018.png

Hi Merry Day, am i looking at this wrong then?
ATR/last price
the first row should be around 3.1, not 3257
bottom row should be around 1.5, not 880
Let's back up.

This is the definition for ATR. There is not any other definition. So there is no question if this is "right"
Ruby:
input length = 20;
def ATR = MovingAverage(averageType, TrueRange(high, close, low), length);
This is what is showing up in your watchlist.

Sounds like maybe you are looking for a percentage of ATR in relation to price?
Basic math for a percentage:
(ATR / close) * 100
There is no other way to calculate percentages.

Now put it all together:
Ruby:
# ATR definition
input length = 20;

# percentage definition
plot pct = Round((ATR / close) * 100, 1) ;

We could do some fancy formatting. But until we agree that math is math. We shouldn't

Last edited:
Hi, if I want to display the ATR and the ATR % on my chart, how would I do that. As in a box on the top left of the chart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, if I want to display the ATR and the ATR % on my chart, how would I do that. As in a box on the top left of the chart.
ATR and ATR % Label
Ruby:
# ATR and ATR % Label
input length = 20;

AddLabel(yes,"ATR: " +round(ATR,2) +"  " +asPercent(ATR / close), color.dark_orange);

Last edited:
ATR and ATR % Label
Ruby:
# ATR definition
input length = 20;

AddLabel(yes,"ATR: " +round(ATR,2) +"  " +asPercent(ATR / close), color.dark_orange);
thank you. Is there a way to make the ATR stay static on a D time frame even as I flip through lower time frames. So if I'm on a 30 min chart, it still displays the ATR based on the last X Days (not last x 30 min bars).

thank you. Is there a way to make the ATR stay static on a D time frame even as I flip through lower time frames. So if I'm on a 30 min chart, it still displays the ATR based on the last X Days (not last x 30 min bars).
MTF Multi-TimeFrame ATR and ATR % Label
Ruby:
# MTF Multi-TimeFrame ATR and ATR % Label
input length = 20;
input agg = AggregationPeriod.DAY;
def close = close(period = agg);
def high= high(period = agg);
def low= low(period = agg);

Last edited:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.