3 EMA and VWAP Crossover?

S

smvatkar

Hi
I am new to the forum so wanted to say Hello to everyone. I have a question and hope to get some help.
I wonder if there is a script for knowing when the 9 EMA, 21 EMA and 55 EMA are within a certain range (maybe 5 or 10 cents for example) of the VWAP.
This is similar to the Golden cross over but including VWAP. Attaching 3 samples of the way this signal helps with understanding the trend. Any help will be appreciated.
Thank You

inthefutures

inthefutures

problem I see is the 3 moving averages will come within your location perimeter at varying times so what is the actual event you want to trigger the cross

S

smvatkar

Thats true ... these do come close to each other frequently and what I have found is when the 3 ema's and vwap cross over either ascending or descending is a very good signal for taking a position (9 ema crossing over 21 ema and 21 ema crossing over 55 ema....when vwap crosses these three as close possible is a very good indicator). So an arrow showing when this happens or some other type of alert, or maybe if we can set this as a scanner. I was trying to copy few images to show what I mean. How do I attach an image in the post? Thanks a lot.

inthefutures

inthefutures

upload image to imgur.com and put link in room

T

tradebyday

@smvatkar Here is a template indicator I have involving an EMA and VWAP in one https://tos.mx/OWEY8Di . I would probably say that the addition you would try to tack on to this code would need to be in however an alert (or maybe a scan/market watch alert to make it easier to see across multiple assets) where the math looks like: EMA > (VWAP - .2).... to put EMA within 20cents range of VWAP for example. I am not a professional coder, nor have I created any alerts or scanners for my indicators so I cannot assist more than this at the moment. Maybe someone wants to take the idea and run with it

S

smvatkar

@tradebyday Thanks for sharing. I have seen this one. Please check the images that I just added with the overall 3 ema's crossing with the vwap.

T

tradebyday

@smvatkar Here is your template basically. Now just have to add scanning or alerts/labels to identify specifically what you are looking for
Code:
# VWAP w/ MovingAvgCrossover

#Created by TradebyDay
#

input price1 = close;

input timeFrame = {default DAY, WEEK, MONTH};

def cap = getAggregationPeriod();
def errorInAggregation =
    timeFrame == timeFrame.DAY and cap >= AggregationPeriod.WEEK or
    timeFrame == timeFrame.WEEK and cap >= AggregationPeriod.MONTH;
assert(!errorInAggregation, "timeFrame should be not less than current chart aggregation period");

def yyyyMmDd = getYyyyMmDd();
def periodIndx;
switch (timeFrame) {
case DAY:
    periodIndx = yyyyMmDd;
case WEEK:
    periodIndx = Floor((daysFromDate(first(yyyyMmDd)) + getDayOfWeek(first(yyyyMmDd))) / 7);
case MONTH:
    periodIndx = roundDown(yyyyMmDd / 100, 0);
}
def isPeriodRolled = compoundValue(1, periodIndx != periodIndx[1], yes);

def volumeSum;
def volumeVwapSum;
def volumeVwap2Sum;

if (isPeriodRolled) {
    volumeSum = volume;
    volumeVwapSum = volume * vwap;
    volumeVwap2Sum = volume * Sqr(vwap);
} else {
    volumeSum = compoundValue(1, volumeSum[1] + volume, volume);
    volumeVwapSum = compoundValue(1, volumeVwapSum[1] + volume * vwap, volume * vwap);
    volumeVwap2Sum = compoundValue(1, volumeVwap2Sum[1] + volume * Sqr(vwap), volume * Sqr(vwap));
}
def price = volumeVwapSum / volumeSum;
def deviation = Sqrt(Max(volumeVwap2Sum / volumeSum - Sqr(price), 0));

plot VWAP = price;

input length = 50;
input length2 = 50;
input length3 = 50;
input displace = 0;

assert(length > 0, "'length' must be positive: " + length);

def EMA = compoundValue(1, EMA[1] + 2 / (length + 1) * (price1[-displace] - EMA[1]), price1[-displace]);
def EMA2 = compoundValue(1, EMA2[1] + 2 / (length2 + 1) * (price1[-displace] - EMA2[1]), price1[-displace]);
def EMA3 = compoundValue(1, EMA3[1] + 2 / (length3 + 1) * (price1[-displace] - EMA3[1]), price1[-displace]);

plot LegacyEMA = EMA;
plot LegacyEMA2 = EMA2;
plot LegacyEMA3 = EMA3;

VWAP.setDefaultColor(getColor(0));
LegacyEMA.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(1));
LegacyEMA2.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(2));
LegacyEMA3.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(3));
# End Code

S

smvatkar

@tradebyday Thanks a lot. I added your code to TOS and have the 3 emas and vwap as shown in the image below.
Now the real challenge is to add the code that can define the proximity of the 3 ema's and vwap within a given range in $ and use this defined range to trigger an alert (or auto refresh scanner).