Tweak RAF (ready,aim,fire) to only display Major Buys/Major Sells that are Overbought/Oversold

J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
Well, this is a real-time trade using your system time frames are 2/3k charts the 3k hasn't fired yet, and now I'm waiting for vwap confirmation. I'm trading BA of course. The stochastics closely parallel the drake stochastic indicator in Trading View I need to check that.

And the Trade View Drake Stochastic

Last edited:
J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
What does the red upper left corner in the fisher stochastics represent?

wtf_dude

wtf_dude

What does the red upper left corner in the fisher stochastics represent?
In the RAF, it's the "soap" counter, basically its counting how many stochastic crossovers there are before you get your fire signal. I comment it out, adds nothing imo.

C

cos251

In the RAF, it's the "soap" counter, basically its counting how many stochastic crossovers there are before you get your fire signal. I comment it out, adds nothing imo.
This is correct. You can comment it out. I had just left it there.

C

cos251

@cos251 can you please make the RAF script above work for tick charts?
@tem2005 yes, here you go, this is the updated version of the old RAF - I called it RAF orginally because I was trying to replicate the Ready Aim Fire from Simpler Trading. It is technically a Fisher Transform + CCI Combo script.

I pulled it up on tick charts and it shows to be working.

Updated FISH/CCI Combo

P

pkcfc

VIP
@tem2005 yes, here you go, this is the updated version of the old RAF - I called it RAF orginally because I was trying to replicate the Ready Aim Fire from Simpler Trading. It is technically a Fisher Transform + CCI Combo script.

Updated FISH/CCI Combo
@cos251 I think what @tem2005 was asking about was the RAF with the 15 minute arrows showing on lower time frames. I believe its the MTF version of it, I tried tackling it but I didn't have much success with it.

C

cos251

@cos251 I think what @tem2005 was asking about was the RAF with the 15 minute arrows showing on lower time frames. I believe its the MTF version of it, I tried tackling it but I didn't have much success with it.
Thanks so much for the clarification. Didn't catch that. Let me see if it is possible.

T

tem2005

VIP

Updated FISH/CCI Combo
@cos251 @pkcfc thank you all for replying. I like the one in post #10 better it has less signals and better performance, so if please could convert that to be working for ticks charts. the one you mentioned worked but not like the old one.

R

rj3137

Are the arrows formed after the candle is closed or right when its being formed? I used On Demand and it showed both but I know On Demand can be weird sometimes.

M

madpuri

Are the arrows formed after the candle is closed or right when its being formed? I used On Demand and it showed both but I know On Demand can be weird sometimes.
Arrows will stay formed once the candle is closed. Otherwise you will see arrows appearing and disappear as the candle forms.

T

TOSTrader2020

Thank you, @madpuri @BenTen @J007RMC . One question, can anyone share a description or a link on how to use this indicator? I am comparing this against old trend reversal and looks like this indicator is indicating the reversals 1 or 2 candles before the old trend reversal indicator. I want to make sure to fully understand what is AIM, Fire and the meaning behind the arrows after AIM or Fire.
1. Any quick description.
2. Best time frames for this indicator for swing trading.
will be of great help. Thank you all.

M

madpuri

So RAF is EXACTLY same as the FW_stochastic that comes with TOS. difference is that exponential averages are used on the stochastic which gives a slightly different signal. The ready and aim really do nothing....they come from the soap signals. This indicator is to aid with turning points. All David Starr did was give it a new coat of paint, interpretation has never changed even though they don’t want you to know that.

E

ext99k

So RAF is EXACTLY same as the FW_stochastic that comes with TOS. difference is that exponential averages are used on the stochastic which gives a slightly different signal. The ready and aim really do nothing....they come from the soap signals. This indicator is to aid with turning points. All David Starr did was give it a new coat of paint, interpretation has never changed even though they don’t want you to know that.

So it is useless? :)

C

cos251

Thank you, @madpuri @BenTen @J007RMC . One question, can anyone share a description or a link on how to use this indicator? I am comparing this against old trend reversal and looks like this indicator is indicating the reversals 1 or 2 candles before the old trend reversal indicator. I want to make sure to fully understand what is AIM, Fire and the meaning behind the arrows after AIM or Fire.
1. Any quick description.
2. Best time frames for this indicator for swing trading.
will be of great help. Thank you all.
The indicator has use on timeframes higher than 5m or 15m. ST usually uses it on the 30m and DAY. The indicator itself is a Fisher Transform (this is a general and common equation in math, at least from what I can find) to identify extremes in values, hence the potential for reversal identification. The Stochastics 17x5, 8x5 and 5x3 are all Transformed within the indicator using the calculation x = .5 * ln(1+x/1-x). The idea is that the 3 different Transformed Stochastics plus the Fisher Transform of price show potential and early signs of reversals, dips and confirmations in directions. As is the case with absolutely any indicator it should not be used on it's own. The the Ready Aim Fire version from ST is aesthetically enhanced and includes the thrust squares on the zero line. We've attempted to replicate the indicator as best as possible. We found most of the enhancements except the trust squares. There is a publicly available document that was put together by FWTraders that go into some detail on the Template and SOAP BUY and Sell Signals. These are what make up the Ready, AIM portion of the tool. The fire is generally regarded as the Magenta up and down arrows that are plotted on the FS17x5 Transformed Stochastic.

Fisher Transform Info LINK

C

cos251

Any updates with this regards sir
@tem2005 still taking a look. Most of the articles I've come across have indicated that it is not possible to do MTF on TICK charts. I came across one indicator on this site that may have figured a way to do it. Still studying it to see if I can incorporate it.