Tweak RAF (ready,aim,fire) to only display Major Buys/Major Sells that are Overbought/Oversold

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ph19golf

@cos251 can you please make the RAF script above work for tick charts?
Nice job with the update FISH/CCI Combo. Have you tried to duplicate the Voodoo Lines? That would be interesting to have.

M

madpuri

Nice job with the update FISH/CCI Combo. Have you tried to duplicate the Voodoo Lines? That would be interesting to have.
If you go to to the fwtrader website. You can read all about it. It needs to be manually updated. Actually simpler trading had a webinar on it.

C

cos251

Hi @ph19golf - I have not seen the Voodoo Lines Indicator. I'll take a look and see if there anything there for us.

G

gravityflyer

Hi @ph19golf - I have not seen the Voodoo Lines Indicator. I'll take a look and see if there anything there for us.
Kudos again for all the great work!

Ditto on Voodoo Lines. My understanding they're simply derivatives of Fibs, but would definitely simplify the process and suspect it'd make an excellent compliment to your RAF that you've developed here!

P

ph19golf

Thanks, looking forward to it if you can create anything......

B

barbaros

This is very interesting. Thank you to all that help put it together. As usual, I need help understanding what all these arrows mean. Can someone explain it as if you are explaining to a 5 year old? What are the trading rules?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SuryaKiranC

Just a bit of a neat freak and heavy chart user with multiple grids. So I decided to work on it to optimize it for better performance. Obviously that means cut a lot of plots and compound, Here is what I come-up with. I need to test this out further.

EDIT: I have replaced the code below, I have realized there is a clash with @cos251 version, Also since this is taking a different path, I call it forked out for 02-V04 by @cos251 .

B

barbaros

@SuryaKiranC Looks really really good. Comparing to the previous version, I noticed that when the chart has extension area, there is a stray arrow. Is this expected?

S

SuryaKiranC

@barbaros I was playing with the input length, the previous version you had the length set to 5, I did see in some video, ST_RAF uses 28.

I personally feel 21 should be alright. Either ways you may have grabbed my version of code with 28 or 21, that cause I edited the code and changed it to 21 after originally posting it as 28.

But bottom line is, you may have seen the down arrow ahead of the previous version of the script, due to change in length. check your version of the code and play with length as 21 or 28 and see which one is better. I haven't used any version of this for real stumbled up on this thread when searching for something, and had sometime to kill today. so was trying to see if I could cleanup.

P.S, I am planning on using this on a grid with say about 25 Tickers, 5 of them being /ES, /YM, /NQ, /VX & SPY. rest of the 20, whatever my scanners catches for the day.

Last edited:
S

SuryaKiranC

@SuryaKiranC NICE JOB
Thanks. I haven't really used any version of this, will try this for real trading and let you all know what it can do. I like to study code and try and understand before I put it to use. part of that was optimizing it as much as I can so my monster grid won't suck.

B

barbaros

Thanks @SuryaKiranC. I’ll update my script with the latest one.

I’m going to watch it on the side if I have time. Let me know your experience. I’m curious about timeframe for /es and what other indicators can complement this.

Unfortunately, the arrow still shows up after the update.

S

SuryaKiranC

@barbaros You seeing that only on 1D frame? what's your time access gap on the right side?

-S

B

barbaros

@SuryaKiranC I have not tested other timeframes but yes, I have expansion area to the right. The previous version of the indicator stops calculating for future candles.

C

cos251

@SuryaKiranC just wanted to say thanks for the updates and keeping this thread alive. I've incorporated a couple of the changes you made into the original full version of the script, looks very good and get's a step closer to the final product. Only thing left is the thrust squares on the center line. I also wanted to note that the original script included the Fisher Transform, Fisher Transformed Stochastics 3x5 and Fisher Transformed Stochastics 5x8. The reason for these signals in addition to the FS17x5 were to be used as faster moving signals that served as confirmation of moves in either direction. Of course, using these comes down to preference in trading style as you've indicated with your grid.

@barbaros - Other indicators I've used to assist in my confirmation of a move, entry/exit are RSILg w/ Fractal Energy and a modified MTF version of the PowerX indicator found here.
Power-X
Other significant indicators in my opinion would be ATR movement and Relative Volume.

Nice work guys!

B

barbaros

@cos251 thank you for your response. I had both of those indicators on my chart, however, power-x is my interpretation. I’ll check out the variation you are referring to. What timeframe do you use?

C

cos251

@cos251 thank you for your response. I had both of those indicators on my chart, however, power-x is my interpretation. I’ll check out the variation you are referring to. What timeframe do you use?
I haven't posted the modified version of the Power-X MTF. You have to be careful with it though, it does repaint if use set the current chart to a higher timeframe. I'll clean it up and post the version I have soon. As for timeframes, I've been watching several tickers on a daily basis with it and find the 5m, 15, and 30m to be very good for my style. The 1hr, 2hr and 4hr are also good if you prefer a bit longer period. I stay away from it almost entirely in the 1m, there are too many signals/noise.

C

cos251

@barbaros - I just added the MTF Version of the Power-X; please see comment about repainting. And of course, feel free to modify as you wish.

https://usethinkscript.com/threads/mimicking-power-x-strategy-by-markus-heitkoetter.4283/post-42613

Also, this was MRNA Today:

The other indicators I mentioned and a chart screenshot

%Chg = Percent change from open
RVOL = Relative Daily Volume
ATR = Average True Range (once it reaches 100 and keeps going up, can indicate institutional interest)

B

barbaros

@cos251 Very interesting. Thank you.

I wonder if there is a way to adjust the timeframe depending on opening range and volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.